RE: Action without UsingAddressing

Agreed, see below.

> As for Arun's question, my view is that a server that does
> not include the
> wsaw:UsingAddressing marker in the binding cannot be assumed to be
> following WSA. Of course, services may have additional unpublished
> behaviors, but those are not part of the public contract so they don't
> exist from a WSDL perspective. Based on the WSDL, a client should only
> assume WSA compliance when explicitly stated in the binding.

I agree.

However, I think Arun's question is whether we can assume that it is an
error when wsaw:UsingAddressing marker does not exist in WSDL and the
endpoint still conforms with WS-Addressing. In my email, I argued that
this should not be an error condition as the behaviour may be governed
by policies external to WSDL. Therefore, my intention is to talk about
conformance/behaviour only when the wsaw:UsingAddressing marker is
present what it means, but not to treat it as an error when the marker
is not present in WSDL.

Namely:
- wsaw:UsingAddressing present in WSDL (the service supports WS-A).
Follows your definition above.

- wsaw:UsingAddressing not present in WSDL: The endpoint may or may not
support WS-Addressing depending on whether there is additional
metadata/policy that governs the endpoint. Therefore, we should not
enforce or assume conformance when it is absent.

That is my view anyway.

> Paco

--umit