RE: Using attributes to mark RefProp's and RefParam's

Hi dims:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned so far in this thread is the
following.  If indeed we assume that marking refp's is useful, we need
to ask if the marking is solely intended for those nodes which already
understand how to process WSA, or if it's also going to be useful in
order to protect against the kinds of security/speech-act issues that
have been discussed by myself, yourself, Rich, and others.  If the
former, an attribute is fine.

If the latter, there will also have to be some kind of mechanism to
ensure that the attribute is understood by all nodes - in other words,
having a wsa:type attribute won't prevent your
<somens:DoSomethingInappropriate wsa:type="property"/> header from being
processed if the wsa:type attribute isn't understood, and since there's
no mustUnderstand for attributes, you would likely want something like a
<wsa:RefPs soap:mustUnderstand="true"/> header as well.

There is also a potential issue here of schema validation, and the fact
that although an element may have been scoped out for SOAP header use
(by putting the right attributeGroup in its schema), inserting a
wsa:type or other attribute may not be easy to process on some systems
which do explicit validation.  This probably won't be a huge issue, and
many such elements will simply allow arbitrary attributes, but it's
something to consider.

--Glen

therClient</wsa:Address></wsa:ReplyTo>

> <wsa:FaultTo><wsa:Address>http://www.example.com/clients/yetAn