Re: Using attributes to mark RefProp's and RefParam's

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:43:18PM -0500, Christopher B Ferris wrote:

> Dims,
>
> If you want to know how many "gold" members, then clearly you have some
> knowledge that there
> is a specific header with "gold" semantics and you simply scan the message
> for that particular header.
> Why need it be identified as being a ref prop/param?

In that case you don't, but there are more general examples where an
intermediary may need to know the identifier, for example, a cache.  As
a RefProp is part of the identifier, it needs to be tagged as such (or
fully absorbed into the URI, which would be my preference).

Mark.