NEW ISSUE: Spec name versioning (editorial)

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:46:07 +0100
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
-=- Title -=-

Spec name versioning

-=- Description -=-

This is an editorial comment, which doesn't affect functionality in
any way.

Our drafts are currently called:

  Web Services Addressing — (Core|(SOAP|WSDL) Binding)

As we may want to create another version of this technology (e.g.
minor revision for bug fixing), I believe that it would be good to
indicate versioning in the name of the technology to differentiate
between different versions.

There may also be some confusion with the Member Submission called:

  Web Services Addressing (WS-Addressing)

-=- Justification -=-

Most specs (XML, HTML, SOAP, WSDL, etc.) have a version number, which
makes it easy to talk about a particular version of a technology (e.g.
SOAP 1.1 versus 1.2).

Also, versioning is typically considered as a good thing™.

-=- Target -=-

All

-=- Proposal -=-

Change the titles to:

  Web Services Addressing 1.0 — (Core|(SOAP|WSDL) Binding)

Cheers,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C