Re: Sample SOAP message on the wire with Reference Properties and Parameters (without a wrapper!)

Mark,

Please see Paco's recent missive[1]... the EPR is NOT an identifier, it is
an addressable reference.

The ref props/params *can* be used to provide additional information that
the service provider will use
as it sees fit. One such purpose that has been used by WS-RF has been to
pass keys/identifiers to
resources (implied resource pattern) as ref props, but that is not the
only use of ref props/params.
In the context of the implied resource pattern, the ref props serialized
as SOAP headers can be
considered the equivalent of cookies used to associate a stateful session,
like a shopping cart service
might do.

As an example that is often used, a service might have three levels of
service; silver, gold and platinum.
Each level of service might have a different policy that applies. Hence, I
would use the ref props to
include a <myservice:MembershipLevel> element with the possible values
Silver, Gold, or Platinum.
Is that identity? Nope.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2004Nov/0355.html