i001: EPRs as identifiers: Use cases for RefProps/Params

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:37:58 -0800
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
After talking it over with a few folks, I think I'm going to need to do
another revision of the issue.  I plan on changing the current scenario
to be a reference parameter scenario, and add a ref property scenario.
I'm thinking that I'll do something based upon my earlier work on
transactions.  The sketch of this is that interface a is a transaction
manager "factory" interface, interface b is the two phase commit
protocol, and interface c is the phase zero protocol.  These 3
interfaces are deployed at a single URI A.  The factory interface uses
ref properties to distinguish between the 2 protocol interfaces.

I thought I should let people know ahead of the call that this is what
I'm thinking of for a bit of a rewrite/augmentation.  It won't be ready
in time for the call, but we can at least talk about it..

Dave