Re: Issue 019: WSDL Version Neutrality

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:17:58 -0500 (EST)
To: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
cc: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

> As you pointed out, this is only a migration argument.

Yeah, but phrasing it that way undercuts the importance of making the
right decision.  I don't think we should bet our success on the
adoption of WSDL 2.0 -- I mean XML 1.1/XML1.0 is "just" a migration
issue, too, and we all but ruled that out of scope.

> Maybe if others agree with me, and if we also want to ease migration,
> we should actually change the algorithm for 1.1 to match 2.0's.

I'm not sure what you mean by this (please explain), but the phrasing
sets of alarm bells.  We *cannot* break the current deployed base,
of WSDL 1.0 and how it's used, so I assume you don't mean that.

        /r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html