RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:08:26 -0000
To: "Francisco Curbera" <curbera@us.ibm.com>, "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

Dear Paco,

> I appreciate very much Dave's proposal and the advantage of having his
Web
> architecture expertise to help us navigate these murky waters.
However,
> before we approach the TAG or do anything drastic like that, I think I
> need
> to explain my qualms about the way we seem to be approaching this
issue; I
> have the feeling I am in a minority in this, but I fear an important
> perspective may be lost in this discussion.

<snip />

Even if it means that we are a minority of two, I would like to express
my agreement with your views on the relationship between EPRs and URIs
even though I have issues with the way reference Properties/Parameters
can be (ab)used to create pointers to resources instead of services
(e.g. WS-RF & WS-Transfer). However, I agree... they are not
identifiers.

Regards,
.savas.