Re: Mandator wsa:Action (was Re: WS-Addr issues)

From: Mark Little <mark.little@arjuna.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:18:58 +0000
Cc: "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>, "Francisco Curbera" <curbera@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>, "Marc Hadley" <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>

>> I'm OK with a particular service requiring the presence of an action.
>> I'm not OK with requiring every message to carry one even when the
>> service they are destined for doesn't use it. This is where
>> we ended up
>> in the XMLP WG and I think its a good compromise position.
>
> If a service doesn't require wsa:Action, then perhaps it shouldn't be
> usign WS-Addressing?

Not a very good approach to addressing issues in general though, is it?
"If you don't like what's there, then use something else?" How are we,
as an industry, expected to try to standardize on things if we can't
discuss them in an open and honest manner? If we follow your question
to its logical conclusion, then let's close this working group now so
we can all get on with other things.

Mark.

----
Mark Little,