From: Martin Gudgin [mailto:mgudgin@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 2:35 PM
To: Bergersen, Rebecca; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Cc: Newcomer, Eric; Vinoski, Stephen
Subject: RE: WS-A Issue 28 - Multiple ports needed in an EPR

I take issue with the assertion "where there are different protocols/transports/formats available for the same service, the "access to a Web service endpoint" requires the client to choose among alternatives".

If I, the service, give you, the client, a single EPR then as far as you are concerned, there is only one mechansim with which you can communicate with me. So you don't need to make any choices ( except whether to communicate or not, I guess ).

If I am available on multiple EPRs, then I'll provide you with multiple EPRs (perhaps in a WSDL document), *then* you have to choose one from the set.

Gudge

  _____