RE: WS-Addr issues

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:49:04 -0000
To: <dorchard@bea.com>, <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Cc: <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>, <curbera@us.ibm.com>, <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>, <mark.little@arjuna.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>, <public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org>, <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Dave wrote:
> Should we break our charter requirements
> and do a lengthy WS-Addressing, I truly believe that the world will
> simply just use the WS-Addressing member submission and not move the
> WS-A Recommendation.  I believe this concern partially led to the
> charter being created the way it is.

that's my reading too. the risk of people just using the submission as-is as
opposed to a rec is that there is no W3C process surrounding a note or
submission, so we'll end up with errata, issues and test cases having to be
published somewhere else, such as in the WS-I, which only server to extend
the timeline further to when we can actually address async SOAP messages.
so i'd encourage us all to keep one eye on the clock: by all means let's fix
issues in the submission where stuff is obviously very broken, but not
treat this working group as if we're starting from first principles.