RE: WS-Addr issues

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:30:26 -0000
To: <tom@coastin.com>, <curbera@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <mark.little@arjuna.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>, <public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org>
Tom
> WSDL: operation names appear in the child of the soap body.
i realise you're bringing your knowledge of the WS-I Basic
Profile[1] to the table, but this behaviour isn't mandated in
WSDL 2.0. Trying to constrain people to using the Global
Element Declaration (GED) for dispatching proved to be devisive:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0376.html

> It seems broken to me to have to rely on something outside the
> soap body to dispatch the operation.
my reading of the BP encourages the use of HTTP SOAPAction.
Paul