Re: WS-Addr issues

This scenario sounds like it is not using WSDL.

With doc literal one could have the same type of the document in the
body (as message part for wsdl operation) for two
different intended operations, but the two cases can  each use
a different global element name to distinguish two different operations
using that type as the input message part.

Tom Rutt
Fujitsu

WSDL: operation names appear in the child of the soap body.

It seems broken to me to have to rely on something outside the soap body
to dispatch the operation.

Tom Rutt
Fujitsu

Francisco Curbera wrote:

>The idea that the intent of the message is *always* embedded in the body of
>the message smells like SOAP-RPC in sheep clothes to me. I am not saying
>that will never be the case, but you need to allow for the case in which
>the same document type is used in different interactions - for example, a
>customerInfo document could be sent as input to both an "update" and a
>"create" operations.This "document centric" model is actually very frequent
>(it is no uncommon in CICS applications for example). To support this model
>you need either an Action header or something functionally equivalent.
>
>Paco
>

>                      "Mark Little"
>                      <mark.little@arjuna.com>        To:       "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
>                      Sent by:                        cc:
>                      public-ws-addressing-req        Subject:  Re: WS-Addr issues
>                      uest@w3.org
>

>                      11/04/2004 05:05 AM
>

>Hi Sanjiva. Although not an answer to your question, I think it's worth
>bringing up generally: personally I think wsa:Action should be dropped or
>made optional. Why have an "op code" (which is essentially what it is)
>embedded in an address? I can see that there are optimizations that could
>be made to dispatching directly on the Action rather than having to parse
>the body, but surely that's an implementation specific issue? I'd be
>interested in knowing how many users of WS-Addressing actually use this
>versus those that ignore it.
>
>Mark.
>
>----
>Mark Little,
>Chief Architect,
>Arjuna Technologies Ltd.
>
>www.arjuna.com

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133