RE: WS-Addr issues

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 01:06:48 -0000
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

Hey Dave,

>WSAddressing, through the mandated use of
> wsa:Action, has opened the door for that to change.  Newer specs,
> like WS-MDEX, have embraced wsa:Action's "I'm the operation"
> to the point where if there are no parameters they don't even see the
> to put anything in the env:Body.  wsa:Action is no longer just an
> extension
> element but rather can be "the payload".

To further add to Dave's above comment...

Due to the combination of wsa:action and reference properties we see
SOAP messages that look more and more like this...

  <soap:Body />

Effectively moving the application-specific payload to the header
section of the soap envelope not leaving anything for the receiving
application specific actor.