From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Bergersen,
Rebecca
Sent: 04 November 2004 11:53
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Cc: Newcomer, Eric; Vinoski, Stephen; Bergersen, Rebecca
Subject: WS-A Issue 28 - Multiple ports needed in an EPR

	Issue 28 - Multiple ports needed in an EPR

	According to the ws-addressing submission, "Endpoint references
convey the information needed to identify/reference a Web service
endpoint, and may be used in several different ways: endpoint references
are suitable for conveying the information needed to access a Web
service endpoint...."  However, in the situation where there are
different protocols/transports/formats available for the same service,
the "access to a Web service endpoint" requires the client to choose
among alternatives, each accessible in the standard manner through a
port - but there are different ports for each protocol/transport/format
alternative.  When such alternatives exist, the EPR must be able to
identify those multiple ports.

	Rebecca Bergersen
	Principal Architect, Middleware Standards
	rebecca.bergersen@iona.com <mailto:rebecca.bergersen@iona.com>
	IONA Technologies
	200 West Street Waltham, MA 02451 USA
	Tel: (781) 902-8265