	From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Harris
Reynolds
	Sent: 02 November 2004 09:36
	To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
	Subject: Issue 011

	Here is a brief restatement of the issue: Why is the To EPR not
serialized in the same way that ReplyTo or FaultTo EPRs are?

	I understand Gudge's comment at the F2F indicating that there is
a difference between using an EPR to address a message (i.e. the "To"
element) and sending an EPR for subsequent use in the case of
ReplyTo/FaultTo etc.  However, there still seems to an opportunity to
simplify the specification by serializing EPRs similarly in both
requests and responses.

	The advantage of the current approach is that the current SOAP
1.2 processing model can be used for processing reference properties
(parameters); primarily using the mustUnderstand attribute.

	In my view, the advantage of serializing the To element directly
as an EPR instead of splitting it into Address and Ref Props is
simplicity.  Using this approach the specification is easier to
understand for those responsible for implementing it:  if you have an
EPR, just stuff it into the SOAP header and your work is done.  As far
as processing the EPR, the same amount of work will be required either
way.

	From a practical perspective either method of serialization
would work.  The question is which would produce a better specification?

	~harris

	Harris Reynolds
	webMethods, Inc.
	http://www.webmethods.com/