RE: i034: computing default Action value for WSDL 2.0

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:09:31 -0800
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

I took an action to update my proposal at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2004Nov/0410.ht
ml to accommodate MEP extension.  However, in rereading that proposal, I
see that the original proposal specifically accommodated extended MEPs -
see the last sentence.  Guess I just forgot that I had already
considered that!  The full proposal is repeated below.

3.2 Default Action Pattern

In the absence of the wsa:Action attribute, the following pattern is
used to construct a default action for inputs and outputs. The general
form of an action URI is as follows:

Example 3-2. @@@
  [target namespace]/[interface name]/[operation name][direction token]

The "/" is a literal character to be included in the action. The values
of the properties are as defined below.

[target namespace] is the {target namespace} of the interface. If
{target namespace} ends with a "/" an additional "/" is not added.

[interface name] is the {name} of the interface.

[operation name] is the {name} of the operation.

[direction token] is:
  Empty ("") where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-only',
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/robust-in-only',
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-only', or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/robust-out-only'.

  "Request" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-out' or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-optional-out'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'in'

  "Solicit" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-in' or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-optional-in'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'out'

  "Response" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-out' or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/in-optional-out'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'out',

  "Response" where the operation's {message exchange pattern} is
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-in', or
    'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl/out-optional-in'
    and the message reference's {message label} = 'in'

  {message label} where the {message exchange pattern} is not one
    of the MEP URIs defined in WSDL 2.0 Part 2.