Re: NEW ISSUE; wsa:To interaction with application protocols

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:00:01 -0500
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, paul.downey@bt.com
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

Issue 6 is more about optimizing serialization than transport/transfer
protocol independence. Its basically asking whether we really need to
include stuff like e.g.:

Or whether it makes sense to say that omission of a <wsa:To> is
equivalent to including one with the well know 'anonymous' URI as its

The spec already allows omission of the RelationshipType attribute and
says that there's a default value of
'http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/reply'. I'd like to extend this
defaulting capability to other parts of the spec.

I don't think Mark's issue is quite the same so I'd recommend opening a
separate issue.

Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>