RE: Another way of thinking about EPRs

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:35:10 -0000
To: <tim@mindreef.com>, <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
Hi Tim!

> I'm willing to ignore the WSDL header mechanism because it sucks
> (in 1.1 at least, I don't know about 2.0),

the 1.1 header mechanism was removed from 2.0 and left to extension mechanisms
such as features and properties ('properties' is a term now so overloaded it's
meaningless) . After DaveO and Yaron and Glen pushed water uphill for a few
months we ended up with the ADD 'predefined extension':
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-extensions-20040803/#features

so yes. it still sucks, probably worse than ever. That's mainly because many
folks think allowing applications to shove arbritary headers into messages
without referencing a processing model is basically a sucky thing to do.

hth
Paul