Re: i0001: EPRs as identifiers - alternative proposal

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:40:49 -0500
To: tom@coastin.com
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

Tom,

The reason is that Reference Properties are intended to be used to
address things that -- for all intents and purposes -- represent
different Web resources.  (I.e., they have different WSDL, metadata,
policy, etc.)  Reference Parameters *could* be used that way -- just as
cookies *could* be used that way -- but they are not *intended* to be
used that way, nor are they most often used that way.

--

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard