Re: i0001: EPRs as identifiers - alternative proposal

From: John Fuller <jfuller@wernervas.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:49:51 -0600
Cc: Francisco Curbera <curbera@us.ibm.com>, public-ws-addressing@w3.org
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>

 From my standpoint I'm interested in using EPRs to identify how to talk
to a URI:
for example, to include WSDL-related information for dynamically
created service instances,
or in a Reply-To where I want people to use, say SMTP...

The information about a way to talk to the URI doesn't uniquely
identify the URI
because there could be other ways to talk to it,
but it doesn't describe contextual state (like WS-Context) either.

These were things that originally pulled me to WS-MessageDelivery, but
the usage cases for EPRs suggests support in the new WS-Addressing.