RE: Additional assertions for 1150 and 1250

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:01:29 -0000
To: <david.illsley@uk.ibm.com>
Cc: <public-ws-addressing-tests@w3.org>, <public-ws-addressing-tests-request@w3.org>

> assign [message id] with the 'first' one and then fault on (processing)
> the second one.

which given SOAP headers are a bag, is basically tossing a coin.

> The second MUST there does suggest to me that we should have an assertion
> to check that there is a RelatesTo with RelationshipType=reply in the
> response, and I think that the contents could be any of the input message
> ids or the unspecified message uri.

sounds like we have to do more work for this edge case.

Maybe we could either:

1) remove this test case
2) make it informational with no assertion for the MUST
3) add assertions to check it's a MessageId that came in the message (sigh)
4) shove it back to the WG with a "must try harder" comment (big-sigh)

I vote for (2) as (3) and (4) are a slippery slope

Paul