Re: proposed breaking change to echo global element declaration

Tim Ewald wrote:

>It conveys the intent of the message without having to crack the body (esp.
>if the body is encrypted). I haven't read the latest draft of the spec, but
>I raised an issue with an earlier draft around mandating that wsa:Action be
>used for dispatching. Among other things, it means that a kit has to
>dispatch differently when using WS-Addressing and when not using
>WS-Addressing. But more importantly, why does should the spec care how
>dispatching is done?

We don't say that anymore.  We only say that action absolutely,
positively MUST be there, even if you're not using HTTP or SOAP.  We
don't say anything at all about what if anything one might do with it,
but it's positioned as a fundamental property of an addressed message,
on a par with having a destination.  I regret not having paid closer
attention to that discussion, but at the time I was still getting my sea
legs.