RE: Action in 1133, 1134

I'm starting to think this is an issue for the WG.  The spec doesn't
specifically disallow (or does it?) the use of addressing/fault or
addressing/soap/fault for application faults - should it?

Using either the addressing or soap fault actions for application faults
is likely to devalue dispatching based on wsa:Action, because it
essentially lies about the source of the fault, and might dispatch the
fault to the soap or addressing layer instead of the application.

I think this goes beyond weakening the assertion as I was promoting
earlier, and ending up with something more like this:

  soap11:Envelope/soap11:Header/wsa:Action/text() and
  soap11:Envelope/soap11:Header/wsa:Action !=
    'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/fault' and
  soap11:Envelope/soap11:Header/wsa:Action !=
    'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/soap/fault'

If we think that will cause too much destabilization of our test
results, we could instead go with the weaker assertion:

  soap11:Envelope/soap11:Header/wsa:Action/text()

Or, if we want to use the assertion text itself to promote the use of a
test-framework specific action we could use:

  soap11:Envelope/soap11:Header/wsa:Action =
    'http://example.org/action/fault' or
  soap11:Envelope/soap11:Header/wsa:Action/text()

even though that's logically equivalent to just the text() assertion.

Comments?

Jonathan
> Marsh
> > Sent: Tue 2/21/2006 6:26 AM
> > To: Arun Gupta; WS-Addressing Tests
> > Subject: RE: Action in 1133, 1134
> >

> > Excellent point, related to CR22 which was resolved today, which
> > strengthens the guidance for protocol authors to SHOULD define their
own
> > custom actions.  Application faults I think also SHOULD define their
own
> > custom actions.  However, SHOULD isn't MUST so we have some leeway:
> >
> > Some candidates for solutions are:
> > 1) manually override these results to pass, but that's not as good
as...
> > 2) remove that assertion in favor of one simply checking that the
Action