IRI escaping when constructing a reply

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 07:06:12 -0700
To: <public-ws-addressing-comments@w3.org>

Sorry this is late (is it still 5/11 somewhere in the world?), I hope it
is still simple enough to accept as a Last Call comment against WS-A.

It is unclear, when extracting an [address] from an EPR's address, and
placing it in a message's [destination] property, and then into a wsa:To
header, what modifications of an IRI's lexical representation are
allowed.  To clarify that no %-escaping is performed, we ask that the
following modification be made to the spec:

Replace the third bullet of
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2004/ws/addressing/ws-addr-soap.html
#bindrefp:

- The value of each message addressing property that is of type IRI MUST
be serialized as an absolute IRI in the corresponding SOAP header block.

With:

- The value of each message addressing property that is of type IRI MUST
be serialized as an absolute IRI in the corresponding SOAP header block.
No additional %-escaping is performed.