Re: content of fault detail

Jacek,

As you may know, our comments period is over. However, I'd note that
the issue you raise seems to be similar to that in lc56 [1], and as
such is likely to be covered when we discuss that issue.

Regards,

1. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/lc-issues/#lc56

On Jun 3, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Jacek Kopecky wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> as a followup to the original issue quoted below, after reading Anish's
> proposal [1], I noted a further issue.
>
> The problem is, SOAP (at least 1.2) says that header-related fault
> details must be headers, not in fault detail. WS-Addressing faults are
> arguably header-related, therefore the details should probably be
> formulated as headers. See SOAP 1.2's NotUnderstood header [2].
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Jacek
>
> [1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Jun/
> 0003.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part1/#soapnotunderstood
>

> On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 17:26 +0200, Jacek Kopecky wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as an LC comment for WS-Addressing, I'd like to note that in SOAP 1.2,
>> fault detail (the element S:Detail) can only contain element children,
>> which is apparently violated by sections 5.2 and 5.4 of WS-Addressing
>> SOAP binding.
>>
>> The sections say, respectively:
>>
>> 5.2: [Detail] [Missing Property QName]
>> 5.4: [Detail] [action]
>>
>> The values (QName, anyURI) must be somehow enclosed in elements (or
>> represented as elements, which is doable for the QName) to be
>> compatible
>> with SOAP 1.2 fault detail.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>                    Jacek Kopecky
>>
>>                    Ph.D. student researcher
>>                    Digital Enterprise Research Institute
>>                    University of Innsbruck
>>                    http://www.deri.org/

Office of the CTO   BEA Systems

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

http://www.bea.com/events/june15