entire route in ws-addressing

From: Sels Wannes <Wannes.Sels@cronos.be>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:40:18 +0200
To: <public-ws-addressing-comments@w3.org>
Hi all,

One of the features of the (hardly ever used) WS-Routing specs
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnglob
spec/html/ws-routing.asp) is to describe the entire message path in the
soap header. Then you could just send the message to the first endpoint,
and each endpoint would know where the message had passed through, and
where the message is supposed to go.

The WS-Routing spec mentions (at the top of the page) that it is
superseded by WS-Addressing. If I understand correctly WS-Addressing
does not allow to describe the full message path. I realize WS-Routing
is not a W3C specification, but should this issue not be addressed by
WS-Addressing, or has the working group decided to only specify the
ultimate receiver? (If so, for what reasons)

Kind regards,

Wannes Sels