W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2020

[wot-marketing] minutes - 8 January 2002

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 16:48:40 +0900
Message-ID: <87o8v7kd9j.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/01/08-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

08 Jan 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan, Michael_Lagally,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima, David_Ezell

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Press release discussion
         2. [4]Wikipedia update
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     * [6]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Press release discussion

   McCool: creates an MD file on GitHub
   ... and starts discussion on the talking points for the
   expected press release

   [7]Talking Points

      [7] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/TALKING.md

   Kaz: notes we should explain WoT's possible impact for industry
   rather than technical details within the "Talking Points"
   ... also suggests we look into (1) the Call-for-Participation
   page of the Munich workshop and (2) the proposed new WG Charter
   again to pick up several possible key points

   [8]workshop cfp

      [8] https://www.w3.org/WoT/ws-2019/cfp.html

   [9]Proposed WoT WG Charter

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2019/11/proposed-wot-wg-charter-2019.html

   We've udpated the above [10]Talking Points page as a starting
   point.

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/TALKING.md

Wikipedia update

   <ege> [11]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

     [11] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

   Ege: looked again the article

   McCool: would get advice from the W3C MarComm Team

   Kaz: can consult with them

   Daniel: is there any list about the Editors?

   Ege: have been contacting the reviewers on the talk page based
   on the "Where to get help" instruction

   McCool: will check with Sebastian as well

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [12]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([13]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/01/13 07:46:54 $

     [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 13 January 2020 07:48:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:55 UTC