Re: A look at WoT specs from Linked Data and AWWW perspective

Dave,

then I see this as a failure of the specification. If the WoT specs merely
specify the exchange of JSON messages and it schemas, what does it achieve?
We already have HTTP for that. How does it advance the interoperability of
IoT devices?

I think rather than being message-agnostic, WoT should work on a domain
vocabulary and should integrate closer with SSN:
https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/
I see SSN only mentioned once (!) in the text. How so?

My main point: if WoT is to become a cornerstone specification for millions
of devices on the web, the interoperability has to be absolutely
bullet-proof. I mean space-mission bullet-proof. And that takes a sound,
formally verifiable abstract model(s), in the form of algebras, semantics,
and so on.
Currently I see nothing of that sort, only prose "definitions" and a bunch
of JSON examples -- that will not cut it.

These articles, even if long, explain my point rather well:
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/09/saving-the-world-from-code/540393/
https://www.quantamagazine.org/formal-verification-creates-hacker-proof-code-20160920