W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 10 October 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 03:45:46 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XwXvE16iQcCknH-34Br1PPq_Rr3Pddo4=ib-tLd8RW7w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/10/10-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these notes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

10 Oct 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Dave_Raggett, Taki_Kamiya, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_lagally, Zoltan_Kis, Daniel_Peintner,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Kunihiko_Toumura, Takeshi_Yamada,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Matthias

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]TPAC
               o [5]Registrations
               o [6]Dev meetup participation
               o [7]Chairs breakfast
               o [8]Other groups on Monday and Tuesday
               o [9]WoT agenda on Thursday and Friday now
         2. [10]TD Core Model update
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

TPAC

* Registrations

   <kaz> [13]TPAC registration

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2018/

   <kaz> [14]dev meetup registration

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/Meetup/

   <kaz> [15]plugfest registration

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201810/?login

   Matthias: registrations
   ... need to register for the TPAC
   ... also the dev meetup on Monday
   ... there are also some dinners to sign up for
   ... plugfest registration is also required

* Dev meetup participation

   Matthias: who will be there for the dev meetup on Monday?

   <kaz> mccool, matthias, lagally, koster, daniel, sebastian, kaz

   <dsr> and me

   McCool: we can discuss plan for the dev meetup in the next hour

* Chairs breakfast

   McCool: which chair to attend the Chairs breakfast?

   <kaz> Matthias and Kajimoto-san

* Other groups on Monday and Tuesday

   Matthias: what other meetings are we planning to attend, we
   should discuss who goes where

   McCool: we should record this so we can adapt the plan
   ... planning a special security session on Monday

   Matthias: we should attend the Internationalization meeting on
   Monday

   McCool: it is an all-day meeting so we may want to pick a time
   ... maybe we can get a slot on the agenda

   <kaz> [16]Monday sessions

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2018,_Lyon,_France#Mon.2C_22_October_2018:_Meetups

   McCool: any volunteers to attend the i18n group?
   ... other topics are geolocation, NFC, sensor API, shape
   detection...

   Matthias: could we move the security session to late in the day
   to avoid conflicts on Monday?

   McCool: yes, afternoon or evening
   ... will check with Elena

   Matthias: what about the linked building data group? will check
   with Darko

   Kaz: the community group meetings are 2 hours

   <dsr> I can volunteer to attend the linked building data CG

   Dave: will volunteer for the linked data for buildings group

   <kaz> [17]Media&Entertainment IG

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/8

   Kaz: will attend the media and entertainment group

   McCool: tuesday, looking at security, devices and sensors

   Kaz: can cover devices and sensors on Tuesday

   <kaz> McCool: or i18n?

   (further discussion, the list of observers is on the wiki)

* WoT agenda on Thursday and Friday now

   Matthias: we have only 2 days this time
   ... please fill in topics by the end of the week

   McCool: security could be one time slot to summarize the result
   of the special meeting
   ... people can include times as well as hints for scheduling

   Matthias: we should make use of experts availability on
   Thursday
   ... issues with json-ld as used in TD
   ... planning for next steps on Friday afternoon

   Sebastian: we need to realize that we have little time to
   complete the TD recommendation

   Lagally: discuss profiles

   <mlagally> Lagally: we should discuss profiles such as a
   profile for HTTP/REST+JSON

   McCool: what do we do after publication of the recommendation,
   re-charter

   <kaz> kaz: basically, those points are included in "next steps"
   topic

   Matthias: we need to allow time for a big discussion on
   re-chartering where everyone can participate

   <kaz> (session assignment)

   <kaz> binding at 14-15 on Thursday

   Sebastian: set up a tracking document for the terms that can be
   used in a TD
   ... need a volunteer to create this

   Koster: this is part of the protocol binding work

   Kaz: can we include plugfest feedback on the scripting API, for
   example registration and discovery

   <kaz> (kaz to add some topics for scripting)

   McCool: another topic is validation of extensions
   ... and handling extensions in scripting

   Zoltan: a lot of extensions are runtime modules and don't have
   impact on the scripting

   <kaz> (basic assignments for Thursday are done; proceed with
   Friday)

   McCool: terminology alignment with the architecture document
   ... need the registrations right away to get login
   ... can't use local wifi network for devices at the plugfest
   because we can't use our AP

   (discussion of issues and solutions)

   McCool: we should try to get as much of our needs met by the
   university

   <kaz> possible need for a wifi router for local network

   <kaz> also we need to clarify our expected apps/protocols/ports
   for plugfest

   <kaz> and we need to clarify attendees to get wifi accounts

TD Core Model update

   <kaz>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/td4lyon/t
   d-core-model/td-core-model.svg

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/td4lyon/td-core-model/td-core-model.svg

   Sebastian: there is a new term for "rel" in forms, now it is
   "op"
   ... there is a version number
   ... and there is a URI variable
   ... and changes to event class to add subscription, data, and
   cancellation
   ... see github #231 on TD

   <kaz>
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/231

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/231

   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/44#issu
   ecomment-426585430

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/44#issuecomment-426585430

   Koster: should we continue to have a separate binding template
   meeting?

   McCool: are there any more updates to the documents for the
   plugfest?
   ... we could plan a testing session for next week
   ... the openVPN will be up throughout TPAC
   ... we need to get a working Thing Directory up
   ... we should get all of the new TD features validating by next
   Wednesday plugfest meeting

   Ege: everyone please send new TDs ASAP
   ... send by email to ege

   Kaz: Yamada-san mentioned there were some issue with TD
   playground for @context

   Yamada: actually, it was caused by the obsolete namespace for
   TD withing @context, so no problem with TD playground

   McCool: there is an issue with using https in the context

   Kaz: shall we switch to the PF call?

   McCool: yes, adjourn and reconvene

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/10/10 18:40:48 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 10 October 2018 18:46:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 10 October 2018 18:46:52 UTC