W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > November 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 28 November 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:05:26 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XU-J4KzncktZ=F+-WBzFkJyZbiTR4fJmgZTW1XOBT8_g@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/11/28-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Taki!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

28 Nov 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Zoltan_Kis, Daniel_Peintner,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Lagally,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Takeshi_Yamada, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Elena_Reshetova, Yosuke_Nakamura, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Michael_Lagally, Michael_Koster

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          taki

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Note on the w3c/wot GitHub repo
         2. [4]2nd WoT Workshop Update
         3. [5]TPAC minutes
         4. [6]Security Considerations for Scripting API
         5. [7]IG Recharter
         6. [8]Logistics.
               o [9]PR#294 on TD Testing.
               o [10]TestFest call time slots
               o [11]F2F meeting
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Note on the w3c/wot GitHub repo

   <kaz> kaz: has changed the setting of "wot" repo to use
   "master" branch for github.io rendering. if any problem, can
   revert the change

   <kaz> scribenick: taki

2nd WoT Workshop Update

   McCool: Lagally and Sebastian are working on this

   Sebastian: Siemens is happy to host as previously reported
   ... end of May / start of June is good.
   ... keynote speakers are being decided
   ... then concrete dates will be decided

   McCool: call for papers deadline?

   Sebastian: not yet. will meet with Lagally with that.
   ... will make announcement this year.
   ... we should avoid conflicts with other conferences such as
   OPC-UA

   McCool: let's create a wikipage to collect potential conflicts

   Kaz: Github or W3C wiki?

   McCool: GitHub for now is ok.

   Kaz: do I create?

   Sebastian: that will be great.

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to create an initial template for the 2nd WoT
   workshop

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-149 - Create an initial template for
   the 2nd wot workshop [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2018-12-05].

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention we can create a dedicated
   mailing list like team-wotws, etc.

   Kaz: I can create a mailing list as well for the workshop.

TPAC minutes

   McCool: please submit if there are issues. we want to publish
   it as final.
   ... are there any objections?
   ... motion to formally approve.

   silence.......

   McCool: I take it as approval.

   RESOLUTION: TPAC minutes approved

   Kaz: regarding the action items from TPAC minutes, I talked
   with Wendy Seltzer again. Got approval for making Notes for
   existing protocols.

   McCool: MQTT and CoAP?

   Kaz: Right

   McCool: OGC sensorthingsAPI
   ... It is a good idea to test with it in next round.
   ... if not now.
   ... I might personally attend their meeting in Siggapore in
   December.

Security Considerations for Scripting API

   McCool: Elena created a draft.

   <kaz> [14]PR 155

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/155

   <dape> [15]Rendered HTML of the updated Scripting API draft

     [15] https://raw.githack.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/9c38539cc2b99d3477afa375e82116650ee806db/index.html#security

   McCool: Not enough turn around in scripting call this week
   unfortunately.
   ... security and privacy consideration section was added.
   (section 9)
   ... set of risks are described.
   ... not a normative statements.
   ... and mitigations.
   ... points out what the risks and requirements are.
   ... watch out for input validity, heavy processing, hygiene for
   services, etc.
   ... subscribe for notification for TD.
   ... ID change in TD.
   ... therefore a need for subscription for TD change
   ... runtime security issues.
   ... security credentials should be separately placed.
   ... script should not have direct access to native interfaces.
   ... any questions and comments?

   Zoltan: scripting API is normative even though it's optional.
   ... We should not talk about scripting runtime.

   McCool: WoT architecture is also normative.
   ... If we put it into Architecture, it will be normative.

   Zoltan: Scripting API document will not describe scripting
   runtime.

   McCool: I can add Editors note.

   Zoltan: A lot of them are policies.

   McCool: WoT architecture document should have security risks
   section, correct?

   Zoltan: We can create a runtime Note linked from Architecture.

   McCool: let's discuss further in security call.
   ... The first part belongs to the scripting api doc, we can
   agree today.

   Zoltan: Runtime part will go into another document.

   McCool: Architecture doc ok?
   ... Matsukura-san, Matthias?

   Matthias: It may blow up the content.

   Zoltan: runtime concepts need to be introduced.

   McCool: Let's discuss in security call.

   (sebastian leaves)

IG Recharter

   <kaz> [16]Proposed updated IG Charter

     [16] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2019.html

   <kaz> [17]Pullrequest 598 to add ECHONET to the External
   Organization section

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/598

   McCool: There is a PR.
   ... PR about adding Echonet
   ... from Toru-san
   ... We have a rendered version.
   ... with diff marker.

   Kaz: diff is with Matthias's original version.

   McCool: chairs name need to be filled in.
   ... People should take a look.
   ... Echonet was added as one of external organizations.

   Matthias: list of deliverables is missing.

   Kaz: section 3.
   ... we can change or even stay as it is.

   Matthias: we can add things that were raised in Bundang
   meeting, for example.

   <kaz> [18]Current IG Charter

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2016/07/wot-ig-charter.html#deliverables

   <mkovatsc> [19]Matthias's slides at the F2F in Bundang

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/8/86/W3C_WoT_Bundang2018_Rechartering.pptx

   McCool is opening the PPT...

   "Next Steps" slides from Bundang...

   McCool: additional protocol bindings, subprotocols.
   ... Directory service.

   Matthias: WG slides talk about it.

   McCool: we can make a maximal list, and discuss about what we
   do not want to include next week.

   Matthias: Lifecycle, and servient management.

   McCool: Based on Bundang slides, we can make a list.
   ... any objections?

   Kaz: Who will do it?

   McCool: I can cut and paste into GitHub issue.

   McCool creating a GitHub issue...

   issue "New IG Charter Deliverable Topics"...

   GitHub issue "New IG Charter Deliverable Topics"...

   #599 in WoT...

   <kaz> [20]Issue 599 on proposed deliverables for the new IG
   Charter

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/599

   McCool: collaboration with smart cities business group, which
   does not exist yet.
   ... any other input on this?
   ... We need to finalize this very very soon.
   ... charter ends at the end of December.
   ... Should renew at the end of this year.
   ... If we can send it next week, we can make it this year.
   ... we should get to agreement and finalize next week.
   ... By Monday, please send in comments.

Logistics.

   <kaz> [21]Pullrequest 294 on WoT Thing Description Test
   Planning document

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/294

* PR#294 on TD Testing.

   McCool: I want to merge this in TD repo.
   ... template class to give names to all tables.
   ... Let's discuss further in testing call.

* TestFest call time slots

   McCool: We will have proposals.
   ... Regular time slots can be used.
   ... December 10 week, monday and Wednesday.
   ... TD call should be left alone.
   ... question is is that good thing to do?
   ... any opinions?
   ... all meetings are evenings in Japan.
   ... have to have devices running in evening time in Japan.
   ... is it a problem?
   ... not hearing any objections.
   ... I am going to assume that will be the plan.
   ... Let's discuss in testing call for logistics.

   Kaz: Script/Security on Monday and Editors/Main/Testing slots
   on Wednesday and then wrapping up during the TD call on Friday.
   correct?

   McCool: yes. we will discuss more in testing call.
   ... small group of us will discuss the details including Ege.
   ... All implementations will need to be up and ready to go.
   ... TestFest at least need to every implementators and TD
   editors at the minimum.
   ... we want to streamline testing process, and generate a
   report this time.

* F2F meeting

   McCool: Sebastian is gone...
   ... any updates Matthias?

   Matthias: Monday-Thursday.
   ... OpenDay may be good in East Coast.
   ... Doodle poll will be done.

   McCool: Which days?

   Matthias: will check emails.

   (checking his emails)

   Matthias: 28 Jan-2 Feb / 4 Feb-9 Feb

   <McCool> 28 jan - feb 2

   <McCool> 4 feb - 9 feb

   <McCool> those are the options

   <McCool> .. kaz, please set up a doodle

   (some more chats)

   <kaz> Kaz: just to make sure: (1) Jan 28-Feb 2 vs (2) Feb 4-Feb
   9

   <kaz> McCool: right

   McCool: two options
   ... additional items?
   ... testing call after this call.
   ... Please call in after 10 minutes.
   ... will discuss logistics etc.
   ... Implementors please call in.
   ... Thank you.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to create an initial template for the 2nd WoT
   workshop

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [22]TPAC minutes approved

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/11/29 02:01:13 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 29 November 2018 02:06:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 29 November 2018 02:06:34 UTC