RE: Test Instance of Things Gateway by Mozilla

Thanks Ben.  As noted, when I get a chance (probably tomorrow at this point) I will add to github.com/w3c/wot under testing/online.  I’ll include a disclaimer about convergence with the WoT specification as we discussed.
Michael McCool

From: Benjamin Francis [mailto:bfrancis@mozilla.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 20:58
To: public-wot-ig <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Test Instance of Things Gateway by Mozilla

Dear Interest Group,
In the spirit of enabling ongoing online interoperability testing outside of face to face Plugfests, the Mozilla IoT team have set up an instance of our open source Web of Things gateway implementation<https://github.com/mozilla-iot/gateway> in the cloud for you to test against.
You can access this test instance at https://w3c-interop.mozilla-iot.org/

Note that the gateway currently implements Mozilla's Web Thing API<https://iot.mozilla.org/wot> proposal (including a Thing Description and concrete REST & WebSockets API), but we hope for it to converge with the Working Group's Thing Description specification over time.
I've written some quick documentation on how to use the test instance on our wiki<https://github.com/mozilla-iot/wiki/wiki/Test-Gateway-Instance>. We encourage you to experiment, but note that all added "things" will be cleared every 24 hours. For the time being we also ask that you don't remove the default user account as we'll have to manually reset it!
If you want to test with real (as opposed to just virtual) devices, you will need to download<https://iot.mozilla.org/gateway/> and run the gateway software yourself, or build it from source<https://github.com/mozilla-iot/gateway>.

If you have any questions you can ask them on Discourse<https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/iot>, or find us in #iot on irc.mozilla.org<http://irc.mozilla.org>. I also hang out in #wot on irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org> (it would be nice for this to be used for chat outside of meetings!). If you find bugs, please file them on GitHub<https://github.com/mozilla-iot/gateway/issues>.
Happy Hacking!
Ben
Mozilla IoT Team
iot.mozilla.org<http://iot.mozilla.org>