W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > February 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 28 February 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 01:37:16 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9W_jRAHfRk4LsfGcsqMwbD4rRFWLgm5z8AK4vm01O64Ew@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/02/28-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Nimura-san!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

28 Feb 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Zoltan_Kis,
          Graeme_Coleman, Michael_Lagally, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Daniel_Peintner, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster,
          Taki_Kamiya, Kazuaki_Nimura, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Dave_Raggett, Barry_Leiba,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Kajimoto, Yongjing

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          nimura

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]f2f logistics
         2. [4]f2f agenda
         3. [5]Cross-TF topic
         4. [6]TF reports
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc> Agenda:
   [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

      [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   <kaz> scribenick: nimura

f2f logistics

   <kaz> -> [10]F2F201803/results registration result

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTtopic:

   Oracle host plugfest

   place is 21 minutes from the hotel by subway

   what is the network connectivity?

   how about table?

   Is it possible to shipping from the hotel?

   30 people attends.

   Plugfest would be 21 people

   plan was 25 people and can prepare for that.

   will attend 21 people for Saturday, 25 people for Sunday

   <kaz> [11]attendees per day

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/results#xq3

   <kaz> (saturday 21; sunday 25)

   possibility of shipping will be check with local attendee from
   Oracle

   To have external guest access for network would be good

   Guest access the network?

   Check port restriction for Wi-Fi

   Is SSH allowed?

   hotel is already booked

   the hotel in Thursday is full?

   <mlagally> MLagally: I will clarify network capabilities

   if you write e-mail for the hotel reservation, you can make the
   reservation.

   <kaz> [12]f2f wiki on the hotel

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic#Venue

   Kaz sent a request email today and got their response within 5
   mins :)

   approved the plugfest update.

f2f agenda

   <kaz> [13]agenda input

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic#Input

   we have a lot talk about security at the F2F logistics.

   about remote participation, preference need to be check for
   example morning or afternoon.

   we will talk about re-chartring the group on the admin day.

   please make the hotel reservation.

Cross-TF topic

   Finding best term for all task force.

   In TD and Binding call, talking about interaction or header
   option for how client find out staff.

   current "form" is:

   pro: no terminology conflicts

   IETF and OCF also calls like that.

   that is well known hyper media description.

   Link: does not describe operation.

   people think link is href or so though.

   endpoint: Neither "link" nor "form"

   define number of protocol

   OCF endpoint is similar.

   two endpoint in OCF.

   conflict with other organization exist.

   about binding:

   no terminology conflict.

   binding is sort of descriptive.

   proposal is stick to "form"

   no terminology conflict and fit for the concept of the element

   if no objection, stick to "form"

   this is re-thinking of TD...

   Ok for TD chair point of view.

   similar to form for machine

   in the browser area.

   this is machine readable version of form

   "form" is make sense.

   less conflict with other term.

   "endpoint" was possible choice in the last week.

   McCool: "form" is ok

   <zkis> I would prefer "endpoint", but will leave it to the
   group/

   if we realize the " form" is not good after the plugfest we can
   discuss and changing again.

   RESOLUTION: use the term " form" for the TD element

TF reports

   Data schema: model class or so will be ready by Friday

   TD document improves example.

   Scripting API is also changing based on the TD work.

   Security: target is March 10. new one will focus pragmatic
   aspect.

   strawman doc will be ready by the F2F and discuss that.

   One is simple authentication method.

   Helpful to understand how node.wot deals those.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [14]use the term " form" for the TD element

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/02/28 16:36:10 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 28 February 2018 16:38:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 28 February 2018 16:38:28 UTC