W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > February 2018

[PlugFest] mintues - 21 February 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:34:05 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Xy9gcdpJ9gO_y1brRSobyy7N5YQbSx_xYLuuYQNV=pMg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/02/21-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Federico!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT PlugFest

21 Feb 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Federico_Sismondi, Michael_Koster,
          Taki_Kamiya, Michael_McCool, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Takeshi_Sano,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Soumya_Kanti_Datta

   Regrets

   Chair
          Koster, Matsukura

   Scribe
          Federico, Kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
          + [3]Diagram of PlugFest framework proposal
          + [4]Issues for the Prague PlugFest
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     * [6]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Diagram of PlugFest framework proposal

   scribenick: fedesismo

   kaz: generated a diagram based on the discussion last week
   ... using the remote proxy and local proxy by Fujitsu as the
   basic framework for PlurFest, and people can concentrate on
   their apps and devices
   ... we should clarify (1) the interfaces between apps and
   remote proxy (on the left side) and (2) the interrfaces between
   devices and local proxy (on the right side)
   ... would like to add this diagram to the preparation.md file
   [7]Basic framework for PlurFests using Fujitsu's proxies

      [7] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/kaz/images/20180221-plugfest.png

   Basic framework for PlugFests using Fujitsu's proxies

   koster: this is something in my mind

   scribenick: fedesismo

   soumya: Eurecom will bring app servient as well as their device
   servient

   scribenick: kaz

   kaz: great
   ... so we should add an app servient for eurecom

   soumya: yes :)

   scribenick: fedesismo

   koster:connecting apps locally as well? does this change
   anything? same remote and local dir?

   scribenick: kaz

   koster: directory available only for proxies?
   ... possibly for apps as well?

   kaz: good question. that kind of questions can be added to the
   GitHub issues for further discussion

   koster: yes

Issues for the Prague PlugFest

   <ryuichi>
   [8]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/
   docs/PlugfestPrague180221.pdf

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/docs/PlugfestPrague180221.pdf

   scribenick: fedesismo

   matsu: focus on the issues for the upcoming plugfest (starts
   screen sharing..)

   scribenick: kaz

   matsu: (goes through his slides)
   ... [Please share your interests]
   ... Fujitsu's interest:
   ... registry
   ... discovery
   ... readproperty and writeproperty
   ... event
   ... also would support: security, binding, etc.
   ... please share your ideas

   scribenick: fedesismo

   mccool: do you have the same interface as siemens?

   scribenick: kaz

   matsu: Fujitsu discloses the concrete interface sequence
   ... would see Siemens interface as well

   mccool: SPARQL query for keyword search

   matsu: Fujitsu doesn't support SPARQL but would like to try

   mccool: simpler conjunction terms?
   ... thinking for voice interface

   koster: SPARQL query for thing discovery
   ... a lot of RDF platforms support simplified version of query

   scribenick: fedesismo

   mccool: we want to do things like: show me all the things that
   have the cap. label on this / that, you can search for props,
   etc

   scribenick: kaz

   mccool: scripting api implementation needs to know directory
   ... registration part should be consistent among directories
   ... SPARQL part can be optional, though
   ... Siemens document includes that
   ... on GitHub
   ... registration of TD, simple keyword search, etc.
   ... minimum configuration

   matsu: will see it

   kawa: better not for the query but for registration for
   directory
   ... uniform method/api for registration as well
   ... for local repository

   kaz: not necessarily based on SPARQL?

   kawa: right

   kaz: so need for the method for registration

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask if "interest" means additional
   template

   kaz: Matsukura-san, do you mean "interest" by additional
   template?

   scribenick: fedesismo

   matsu what is the best way for sharing information?

   scribenick: kaz

   kaz: myself think it would be better to add concrete template
   for each "interest" or topic

   scribenick: fedesismo

   mccool: provide template, you copy, replace with your answer
   ... typical info/question like 'do you support SPARQL queries'

   koster: at least for proxy and thing directory there's a set of
   info that needs to be indicated for PF

   scribenick: kaz

   kaz: would it possible and make sense for people to fill the
   proposed templates out?
   ... Koster for Koster's template, McCool for McCool's template
   and Matsukura-san for his template

   koster: that's what we should do
   ... wondering how much proxies are disposed automatically
   ... and 2nd question is connection between remote proxy and
   local proxy
   ... is that private or not

   scribenick: fedesismo

   koster: if I bring a remote / local proxy, is that a private
   connection/protocol, or are we standardizing as well?
   ... koster: how information propagates between them? (data
   model, security, etc)

   matsu: more that a questions is about asking people to think
   about the different alternatives

   scribenick: kaz

   taki: do you want to try events as well?

   matsu: would try event operation
   ... but no concrete use case for action so far
   ... we don't have implementation event operation yet
   ... any use case for actions?

   scribenick: fedesismo

   kawa: so far no use case
   ... last PF problems/discussions regarding property vs action

   koster: when I obs a coap server using obs, if i use an http in
   the remote, does that get translated into an event?
   ... it's a bigger issue that this, we should have a structure
   discussion about this
   ... for the PF we should explore solutions

   scribenick: kaz

   taki: can provide some material for events

   matsu: should update the preparation.md for plugfest by the
   next meeting

   scribenick: fedesismo

   kaz: separete md file per template?

   <kaz> like fujitsu.md, panasonic.md, smarthing.md, intel.md...

   scribenick: fedesismo

   koster: each creates their own md file
   ... then one of us agrigates into single file
   ... maybe we should use both questionnaire + template
   ... some participants may not come with implementations
   ... questionnaire is more like a survey for attendees

   scribenick: kaz

   kaz: and questionnaire authors, please try to fill out your
   proposed templates :)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([10]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/02/22 04:30:22 $

      [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 22 February 2018 04:35:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 22 February 2018 04:35:30 UTC