W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > February 2018

[TF-LD] Semantic Integration minutes - 9 February 2018 (was Re: [TF-LD] Semantic Integration)

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:34:03 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9ViL-YpTFYo9HSiDjui4Mf_KnWMGKEOdE7ALpYf8B31-A@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Anicic, Darko" <darko.anicic@siemens.com>
Cc: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
some notes from the Semantic Integration call are available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/02/09-wot-minutes.html

Please see also Darko's summary slides (as mentioned below) at:
  https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/semantic%20integration/Semantic-Integration-Prague-PlugFest-Preparation.pptx

Thanks,

Kazuyuki


On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 1:23 AM, Anicic, Darko <darko.anicic@siemens.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find the update from [TF-LD]  Semantic Integration telco on 09.02.2018 here:
> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/semantic%20integration/Semantic-Integration-Prague-PlugFest-Preparation.pptx
>
> Thank you,
> Darko
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Anicic, Darko [mailto:darko.anicic@siemens.com]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Februar 2018 16:10
> An: Kazuyuki Ashimura; Public Web of Things IG
> Betreff: [TF-LD] Semantic Integration
>
> Hi all,
>
> we would like to have another Semantic Integration web meeting. Since Kaz is not online, I cannot start TF-LD meeting. In order to participate, please use the link below.
>
> Thank you,
> Darko
>
> Conference Invite: W3C WoT TF-LD
>
> At the scheduled time click to join the voice, video or screen sharing session:
>
> Join from a Siemens Windows Standard Client:  circuit:circuit.siemens.com/guest?token=d0b3810c-542d-41c3-83b4-bd84a2dd7ab4
> Join from any other system:  https://circuit.siemens.com/guest?token=d0b3810c-542d-41c3-83b4-bd84a2dd7ab4
>
> To enjoy the best possible experience while working with Circuit on your desktop computer, try Circuit Desktop App, Chrome or Firefox.
>
> Join via voice-only.
> Your microphone will be muted. Press *3 to unmute it.
>
> PIN 5733 718 068 #
>
> Dial-in numbers:
>
> Argentina (Spanish): +54 11 5984-2552
>   tel:+541159842552,,5733718068#
>
> Australia (English): +61 2 8278 4325
>   tel:+61282784325,,5733718068#
>
> Austria (German): +43 1 3602774621
>   tel:+4313602774621,,5733718068#
>
> Belgium (French): +32 2 620 03 17
>   tel:+3226200317,,5733718068#
>
> Brazil (English): +55 11 3878-8268
>   tel:+551138788268,,5733718068#
>
> Bulgaria (English): +359 2 935 8238
>   tel:+35929358238,,5733718068#
>
> Canada (English): +1 888-776-8708
>   tel:+18887768708,,5733718068#
>
> Canada (English): +1 929-270-4096
>   tel:+19292704096,,5733718068#
>
> Canada (French): +1 416-216-5623
>   tel:+14162165623,,5733718068#
>
> Canada (French): +1 888-776-8707
>   tel:+18887768707,,5733718068#
>
> Chile (Spanish): +56 2 2618 8362
>   tel:+56226188362,,5733718068#
>
> China, Peoples Republic (Chinese): +86 400 819 8763
>   tel:+864008198763,,5733718068#
>
> Colombia (Spanish): +57 1 4864866
>   tel:+5714864866,,5733718068#
>
> Costa Rica (Spanish): +506 2539 7362
>   tel:+50625397362,,5733718068#
>
> Croatia (English): +385 1 7776 197
>   tel:+38517776197,,5733718068#
>
> Czech Republic (English): +420 225 382 900
>   tel:+420225382900,,5733718068#
>
> Denmark (English): +45 35 15 81 16
>   tel:+4535158116,,5733718068#
>
> Dominican Republic (Spanish): +1 829-956-6315
>   tel:+18299566315,,5733718068#
>
> Ecuador (Spanish): +1 800000742
>   tel:+1800000742,,5733718068#
>
> El Salvador (Spanish): +503 2136 7565
>   tel:+50321367565,,5733718068#
>
> Estonia (English): +372 686 8885
>   tel:+3726868885,,5733718068#
>
> Finland (English): +358 9 81710072
>   tel:+358981710072,,5733718068#
>
> France (French): +33 1 85 14 84 86
>   tel:+33185148486,,5733718068#
>
> Germany (German): +49 89 23128020
>   tel:+498923128020,,5733718068#
>
> Greece (English): +30 21 1180 9487
>   tel:+302111809487,,5733718068#
>
> Guatemala (Spanish): +502 2366 1200
>   tel:+50223661200,,5733718068#
>
> Hungary (English): +36 1 429 2267
>   tel:+3614292267,,5733718068#
>
> Indonesia (English): +62 21 29759246
>   tel:+622129759246,,5733718068#
>
> Ireland (English): +353 1 533 9866
>   tel:+35315339866,,5733718068#
>
> Israel (English): +972 3-720-7564
>   tel:+97237207564,,5733718068#
>
> Italy (Italian): +39 06 9974 8020
>   tel:+390699748020,,5733718068#
>
> Japan (English): +81 3-6634-4738
>   tel:+81366344738,,5733718068#
>
> Korea South (English): +82 2-6410-8576
>   tel:+82264108576,,5733718068#
>
> Latvia (English): +371 66 163 137
>   tel:+37166163137,,5733718068#
>
> Lithuania (English): +370 5 214 1723
>   tel:+37052141723,,5733718068#
>
> Luxembourg (French): +352 27 30 00 13
>   tel:+35227300013,,5733718068#
>
> Malaysia (English): +60 3-2053 5108
>   tel:+60320535108,,5733718068#
>
> Mexico (Spanish): +52 55 5091 2420
>   tel:+525550912420,,5733718068#
>
> Morocco (English): +212 520-480311
>   tel:+212520480311,,5733718068#
>
> Netherlands (English): +31 20 721 9093
>   tel:+31207219093,,5733718068#
>
> Norway (English): +47 23 50 02 90
>   tel:+4723500290,,5733718068#
>
> Pakistan (English): +92 51 8108858
>   tel:+92518108858,,5733718068#
>
> Peru (Spanish): +51 1 7087113
>   tel:+5117087113,,5733718068#
>
> Philippines (English): +63 2 395 3534
>   tel:+6323953534,,5733718068#
>
> Poland (English): +48 22 504 83 76
>   tel:+48225048376,,5733718068#
>
> Portugal (English): +351 21 060 8117
>   tel:+351210608117,,5733718068#
>
> Romania (English): +40 31 130 5020
>   tel:+40311305020,,5733718068#
>
> Russian Federation (Russian): +7 343 351-17-96
>   tel:+73433511796,,5733718068#
>
> Russian Federation (Russian): +7 423 249-29-64
>   tel:+74232492964,,5733718068#
>
> Russian Federation (Russian): +7 495 745-98-64
>   tel:+74957459864,,5733718068#
>
> Russian Federation (Russian): +7 812 718-69-37
>   tel:+78127186937,,5733718068#
>
> Singapore (English): +65 6313 1571
>   tel:+6563131571,,5733718068#
>
> Slovakia (English): +421 2/501 121 59
>   tel:+421250112159,,5733718068#
>
> Slovenia (English): +386 1 600 27 36
>   tel:+38616002736,,5733718068#
>
> South Africa (English): +27 11 844 6101
>   tel:+27118446101,,5733718068#
>
> Spain (Spanish): +34 912 15 80 38
>   tel:+34912158038,,5733718068#
>
> Sweden (English): +46 8 519 920 37
>   tel:+46851992037,,5733718068#
>
> Switzerland (English): +41 22 567 53 25
>   tel:+41225675325,,5733718068#
>
> Thailand (English): +66 2 104 0793
>   tel:+6621040793,,5733718068#
>
> Turkey (English): +90 212 375 5830
>   tel:+902123755830,,5733718068#
>
> United Arab Emirates (English): +971 800 035704335
>   tel:+971800035704335,,5733718068#
>
> United Kingdom (English): +44 20 7660 6076
>   tel:+442076606076,,5733718068#
>
> United States (English): +1 929-270-4096
>   tel:+19292704096,,5733718068#
>
> Uruguay (Spanish): +598 2902 8657
>   tel:+59829028657,,5733718068#
>
> Venezuela (Spanish): +58 212-3358895
>   tel:+582123358895,,5733718068#
>
> Vietnam (English): +84 284 4581 451
>   tel:+842844581451,,5733718068#
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Kazuyuki Ashimura [mailto:ashimura@w3.org]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 18:18
> An: Public Web of Things IG
> Betreff: [TF-LD] minutes - 2 February 2018
>
> available at:
>   https://www.w3.org/2018/02/02-wot-minutes.html
>
> also as text below.
>
> Thanks for taking notes, Michael Koster!
>
> Kazuyuki
>
> ---
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                              WoT IG - TF-LD
>
> 02 Feb 2018
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           Darko_Anicic, Aparna_Thuluva, Kaz_Ashimura, Danh_Le_Phuoc,
>           Maria_Poveda, Michael_Koster, Fano_Ramparany
>
>    Regrets
>
>    Chair
>           Darko
>
>    Scribe
>           kaz, mjkoster
>
> Contents
>
>      * [2]Topics
>          1. [3]Semantic Interoperability for Prague
>          2. [4]Welcome Fano
>          3. [5]PlugFest Preparation
>      * [6]Summary of Action Items
>      * [7]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <inserted> scribenick: kaz
>
> Semantic Interoperability for Prague
>
>    [8]Darko's slides
>
>       [8] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/2/20/2018-02-02-W3C-WoT-TF-LD-Prague-PlugFest-Preparation.pdf
>
>    Darko: we need to set a goal
>    ... [Goal]
>    ... what is the goal related to semantic interoperability that
>    we want to demonstrate?
>    ... [Guideline for semantic interoperability]
>
>    <scribe> scribenick: mjkoster
>
>    Darko: extend the plugfest templates to include guidance and
>    get information
>    ... need to define iotschema requirements
>    ... we are also defining requirements for the Thing Directory
>    ... also, we can start to engage external participants for
>    example OCF
>
>    <inserted> scribenick: kaz
>
>    darko: [Further proposals]
>    ... Koster, maybe you can make some report on the plugfest?
>
>    Koster: several calls for preparation for plugfest
>    ... next step soon for the questionnaire template
>    ... the area working on semantic interoperability
>    ... protocol binding automation
>    ... continue to work on proxies
>    ... improving semantic interoperability
>    ... security
>    ... accessibility
>    ... everyone to get common understanding
>    ... design pattern guidance for semantic interoperability
>    ... in the questionnaire, question on discovery
>    ... added another thing on thing directory
>    ... next selection criteria for application
>    ... how to choose action, events, etc.
>    ... register information to thing directory
>    ... how the clients use it
>    ... how does the client get information they look for
>    ... semantic annotation to be exposed to clients
>    ... how does the proxies work with thing directory
>    ... we're ready to get input from people
>    ... for convergence
>    ... how we develop scenarios
>
>    Darko: ok
>    ... how to define scenarios?
>    ... what are available?
>    ... e.g., I have a switch
>    ... and need a lamp
>    ... to interact with
>    ... query to the thing directory?
>    ... to deal with multiple air conditioners?
>    ... the question is who is posting the question
>    ... we should generate that kind of scenarios
>
> Welcome Fano
>
>    Fano: working on IoT
>    ... interested in AI
>    ... user application and semantic web technology
>    ... participating in ETSI as well
>
> PlugFest Preparation
>
>    [9]Koster's slides
>
>       [9] https://github.com/mjkoster/wot-protocol-binding/blob/master/Prague-semantic-integration.pdf
>
>    Koster: looking for workflow
>    ... common background
>    ... RESTful hyper state state machines
>    ... multicast involved, other network configuration as well
>    ... how to discover things
>    ... how the network messages work
>    ... how to build semantic annotation?
>    ... how to structure the framework?
>    ... register things and deploy them
>    ... protocol to do that
>    ... breaking things into workflow is needed
>
>    Darko: have you started concrete work on the workflow?
>
>    Koster: it's really part of the way what we're describing
>    things
>    ... the common thing with the scenario
>    ... e.g., discovery
>    ... some way for doing the data flow and logic for application
>    ... maybe more of a framework
>
>    Darko: scenario with workflow
>    ... participants will follow it
>    ... e.g., discovery could be done by asking somebody like the
>    directory
>    ... how to generate TD and script?
>    ... different parts within the workflow
>
>    Koster: the way we use the concept
>    ... structure with guidance
>    ... how we do discovery, e.g., by SPARQL query
>    ... how the server builds Things
>    ... without learning the detail of RDF
>    ... would like to break down materials I'm working on
>    ... it's sort of a model
>    ... another model about how the annotation works as well
>    ... let's figure out what the common pattern is like
>    ... any questions? comments?
>
>    Kaz: please provide your slides for the minutes :)
>    ... next
>    ... we should create the template questionnaire to gather
>    scenarios as we already discussed during the plugfest call on
>    Wednesday
>
>    Koster: by the next web call, I'd like to create the template
>    questionnaire
>    ... including functionality
>    ... might be more than one thing directory
>    ... need to put this on the (github) wiki
>
>    Darko: is the goal include specifying use cases?
>
>    Koster: we should make some recommendations
>    ... put together actual use cases
>    ... we had cross-domain use cases but those were quite basic
>    ones
>    ... can go back and provide some
>    ... seems like people tend to add some more
>    ... item about applicaiton
>
>    Darko: we need template information
>    ... we can prepare semantic artifacts
>    ... we had a few scenarios
>    ... for the previous plugfest
>    ... we can pre-define some scenarios
>    ... maybe same scenarios as the one for Burlingame
>
>    Danh: we should list scenarios and identify what's feasible
>    ... it's right time to create a wiki or something to clarify
>    actual scenarios
>
>    <DarkoAnicic> Plugfest preparation:
>    [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague
>    /preparation.md
>
>      [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/preparation.md
>
>    Danh: who implements which part
>    ... e.g., semantic features to be solved
>
>    Darko: posted the link to the plugfest prep page
>    ... above
>
>    Danh: rather than generic use cases, we need to clarify how to
>    handle security, etc.
>
>    Darko: (adds several topics)
>    ... create a separate scenario page including the workflow
>    ... semantic integration section with hands-on guidance and
>    examples
>
>    Danh: elaborate implementable level
>
>    Kaz: +1
>    ... we should clarify the scenarios with concrete settings
>
>    Koster: possibly using a separate page
>    ... that's good
>
>    Darko: there is another dedicated call for plugfest
>    ... how to proceed?
>
>    Koster: can provide the overall questionnaire
>    ... and maybe should get someone from this LD TF to submit some
>    more stuff
>    ... would like to harmonize with the basic template
>
>    Danh: can elaborate my expertise
>
>    Darko: need to start with the overall questionnaire
>
>    Danh: we can't go far from the general template
>    ... can have some more dedicated calls for further discussion
>
>    Koster: ok
>    ... and we should cooperate with McCool about security
>
>    Kaz: are you suggesting we have yet another slot?
>
>    Koster: we can use this LD slot for that purpose
>    ... this slot is used bi-weekly and we can use another
>    bi-weekly part for that additional discussion
>
>    Darko: ok
>
>    Koster: wanted to run through the slides some more (e.g., TD
>    annotation capability, interaction, data item...) but we should
>    do that next time
>    ... people are encouraged to read the slides
>
>    Darko: so people are encouraged to join the main plugfest call
>    on Wednesday
>    ... and we can have further discussion next Friday
>
>    Kaz: that's good
>    ... but possibly I can't make the call next Friday, on Feb. 9
>
>    [adjourned]
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> Summary of Resolutions
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [11]scribe.perl version
>     1.152 ([12]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2018/02/02 16:47:40 $
>
>      [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for WoT and M&E, W3C Project Team
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Monday, 12 February 2018 10:35:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 12 February 2018 10:35:21 UTC