W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > February 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 7 February 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 01:49:47 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Wx38yHo3f4aCkG3dM62Jye_gYK9J8JswUGXFzGh2DRJQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/02/07-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

07 Feb 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          GraemeColeman, DarkoAnicic, soumya, Graeme_Coleman,
          Darko_Anicic, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Kazuaki_Nimura, Barry_Leiba, Zoltan_Kis,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]Prague F2F
         3. [6]Scripting API
         4. [7]Thing Description
         5. [8]Binding Templates
         6. [9]Security
         7. [10]Scripting review
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

Quick updates

   McCool: Quick updates?

   Kaz: quick comment, would like to clarify updated publication
   plan

   McCool: When internal review?
   ... when public draft?
   ... quick update, Mozilla made release of WoT

   Koster: Yes ,Web of Things gateway

Prague F2F

   McCool: ... no chairs call
   ... need to look into rooms, booking et cetera
   ... Siemens?

   Darko: no update from my side. Matthias might have some more
   information

   McCool: got that Siemens needs someone to support
   ... I looked into to get room from OCF
   ... no response yet
   ... Sheraton quite expensive
   ... please register
   ... to get size of venue

   <kaz> [13]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/

   <kaz> registration above

   McCool: please use URL to register
   ... need estimate for venue
   ... same place as OCF
   ... PlugFest directly after OCF (and IETF in London)

   <kaz> Crystal Palace Hotel, which is close to Sheraton, is
   cheap enough

   McCool: Also start documenting what you plan to do for PlugFest
   ... also add in comments in F2F wiki
   ... security components in PlugFest contributions.. please add
   to wiki also

   <McCool>
   [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague
   /checklists/security.md

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/checklists/security.md

   McCool: converted to Markdown security checklist
   ... Web call on PlugFest right after this call
   ... also suggestions for OpenDay presenters

   <kaz> [15]f2f wiki

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic

   Soumya: OpenDay I suggested already presentation (semantic
   testing)
   ... small part of PlugFest w.r.t semantic interoperability ?

   <kaz> [16]f2f input

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic#Input

   McCool: could add checklist to wiki

   <DarkoAnicic> Material for Prague Plugfest related to Semantic
   Integration will be here:
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-prague
   /semantic%20integration

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-prague/semantic
integration

   Koster: Plan to have semantic interoperability for PlugFest
   ... already in progress

   Darko: I created Semantic Integration folder
   ... every Friday LD telco
   ... we started presentation (goals and ideas)
   ... will updates slides
   ... plan to have use-cases and extend use cases to contain
   semantic interoperability
   ... also having queries for these use-cases

   McCool: Koster, material still not in there?

   Koster: Yes, is PR so far

   McCool: Accepted PR

   Koster: Testing semantic Interop is also of importance
   ... need to develop that
   ... separate page for scenarios also

Scripting API

   <scribe> Agenda: Deadline for starting review process for
   Scripting API

   Zoltan: we have a PR for changes
   ... agree on most of the things
   ... needs some more editorial changes
   ... had review on Monday
   ... review today in Editors call

   McCool: any highlights you want to show?

   Zoltan: link for rendered version

   <DarkoAnicic> TF-LD web meetings dedicated to the preparation
   of the "semantic integration" challenge in Prague Plugfest take
   place on Friday, 16:00-17:00 CET

   Zoltan: Use-cases section was updates
   ... ConsumedThing, ExposedThing was updates
   ... also synchronized with TD spec

   <kaz> [18]latest Scripting draft

     [18] http://rawgit.com/zolkis/wot-scripting-api/master/index.html

   Zoltan: intent is to freeze API
   ... editorial changes later
   ... Not sure if we should go through the document

   McCool: Let's first have other task force reports
   ... TD ?

Thing Description

   Sebasitian: Changes in TD mainly based on datatype definition
   ... major parts are ready
   ... next few days some more updates
   ... Friday we had web meeting
   ... topic was mainly about updates (Koster gaive presentation)
   ... one interesting meeting took place this Monday
   ... about JSON vs JSON-LD serialization
   ... some agreement
   ... relying on JSON schema type definition
   ... Unsure about JSON-LD 1.1
   ... interaction keyword/level will be removed
   ... Mozilla/EVRYTHNG will provide consumer use cases
   ... Siemens will provide industrial use cases
   ... next call on serialization on the 19th
   ... please also have a look at the current issues raised mainly
   by Ben
   ... Deadline for TD freeze is next Friday
   ... February 16th

Binding Templates

   Koster: Binding template task force
   ... yesterday discussed remaining issues
   ... general consensus
   ... do not plan to make anymore changes
   ... clean-up of documents
   ... Matthias did editorial path
   ... transfer vocabulary needs to be added
   ... approach to add more transfer vocabularies
   ... problem maintaining vocabulary without introduction it in
   the document
   ... freeze 16th sounds good to me

   McCool: binding part of TD?

   Koster: will be separate document

   McCool: Publishing as note?

   Koster: not sure.. I can't decide that

   McCool: access to editors draft might be good enough
   ... plan to publish as separate document?

   Koster: Yes

   Kaz: There are 2 points: (1) whether Binding Templates to be
   part of TD document or not, (2) how to handle possible
   vocabulary definition documents for several popular protocols
   for IoT (Binding TF would like to publish vocabulary as a WG
   Note)
   ... regarding the second point, not sure if it's ok
   ... can check within W3C

   <kaz> e.g., [19]HTTP vocabulary in RDF 1.0

     [19] https://www.w3.org/TR/HTTP-in-RDF10/

   McCool: my question was point 1, whether Binding gonna be part
   of TD
   ... normative part in TD section?
   ... for now separate document

   Kaz: Charter says bindings is a separate note
   ... during the discussion on Monday about TD serialization,
   there was a comment binding should be separate from TD

   Koster: we gonna have normative TD vocabulary
   ... and independent bindings vocabulary
   ... right now it is just JSON-LD
   ... adding patterns

   Kaz: 2nd question about vocabulary document
   ... will check with W3C

   McCool: seems consistent with other specs

Security

   McCool: Security task force
   ... looked at life cycle
   ... going to be part of Architecture document
   ... started also to look at other documents w.r.t. security
   ... trying to find security issues
   ... March 10th for next security publication
   ... want to push put before PlugFest
   ... including validation
   ... life cycle section is still PR
   ... wait for bugfixes from Elena

   <McCool> [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/63

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/63

   McCool: added life cycle diagram
   ... based on IETF life cycle
   ... found some issues in IETF work/vagueness

   <kaz> [21]IETF draft: Security Considerations in the IP-based
   Internet of Things

     [21] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-core-security-06#section-3

   Zoltan: Picture for WoT runtime?

   McCool: correct
   ... IETF did not include state diagram
   ... only example
   ... suggest to them to add state machine

   McCool: propose consistent state machine

   McCool: one terminology issue was about
   provisioning/bootstrapping

   Koster: propose to distinguish Discovery from the operational
   phase

   McCool: may want to have life cycle section in architecture
   document

Scripting review

   McCool: Next on Agenda is "next Agenda"
   ... lots of reviews

   Zoltan: quick review of Scripting

   <kaz> [22]3. The WoT object

     [22] http://rawgit.com/zolkis/wot-scripting-api/master/index.html#the-wot-object

   Zoltan: main changes in WoT object (separate fetch and consume)
   ... 2nd changed "expose" into produce by getting ExposedThing
   object
   ... later there is start and register methods
   ... the "produce" accepts blanc thing (ThingTemplate) OR by
   ThingDescription
   ... allows re-expose thing
   ... later you can add handlers
   ... in ConsumedThing we have Observables
   ... we can subscribe, unsubscribe or Errors
   ... ExposedThing has changed also
   ... have life cycle methods (start, stop, ..)

   <kaz> [23]5. The ExposedThing interface

     [23] http://rawgit.com/zolkis/wot-scripting-api/master/index.html#the-exposedthing-interface

   Zoltan: also have addproperty, addAction and AddEvent
   ... besides there are ways to set handlers
   ... there can be a "default" handler or a generic handler

   McCool: what is missing is an information whether TD can change
   ... for caching it is good to know

   Zoltan: Could be parameter "time to live" in register
   ... and subscribe to TDChange observable

   <kaz> [24]6 Observable

     [24] http://rawgit.com/zolkis/wot-scripting-api/master/index.html#observables

   Zoltan: there is also an observable section (6) with the
   minimum we need
   ... Subset of Observable implementation

   Koster: complete is useful for long running actions

   Zoltan: People can use this version as a reference

   <kaz> kaz: let's continue how to finalize the draft on the ML

   McCool: adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/02/07 16:45:38 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 7 February 2018 16:58:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 February 2018 16:58:22 UTC