W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > December 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 19 December 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:25:14 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WLhU6vA=yJd5u+QBRXsGjKbonT8PFecVtMLTunpfAf7g@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/12/19-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Kawaguchi-san!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

19 Dec 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#19_Dec_2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Ege_Korkan, Michael_Lagally, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Michael_Koster, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Taki_Kamiya

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kawaguch

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]TestFest
         3. [6]IG draft charter
         4. [7]WoT Workshop
         5. [8]F2F logistic
         6. [9]WoT Architecture Draft
         7. [10]New Documents
         8. [11]Schedule
         9. [12]First Meeting in 2019
        10. [13]TestFest results (revisited)
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <McCool>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#19_Dec_2018

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#19_Dec_2018

   <kaz> scribenick: kawaguch

Quick updates

   McCool: OpenFog has merged with IIC

TestFest

   <kaz> [17]current report

     [17] https://cdn.staticaly.com/gh/mmccool/wot-thing-description/updated-test-results/testing/report.html

   McCool: Updated some results
   ... summray is in good shape
   ... missing part is mostly for events and security
   ... and some for data model
   ... Will wait for update until Friday

   Koster: Will give updates

   Daniel: Will take look at Node-WoT
   ... but not see much progress before Xmas

   McCool: Biggest gap is security so expect update from Node-WoT

   Daniel: ... Let's discuss after new year
   ... Intel updated TDs aligning to newest spec and added
   metadatas

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask Daniel if he knows the
   implementation results from Siemens

   Kaz: Is there Siemens result?

   Ege: The word 'implemented' was unclear internally

   McCool: Implementation criteria was not linked from readme

IG draft charter

   McCool: merged Lagally's PR but we got a last-minute comment
   and still need some more time to finalize the draft Charter
   ... Kaz talked with Philippe and would like to extend the
   current Charter period by 3 months
   ... W3M will discuss that today

   Kaz: if we can get 3-month extension, we need to wrap up the
   draft charter by the end of January

   McCool: It's still on the table but not a burning issue this
   moment

WoT Workshop

   Sebastian: Still waiting W3C for authorize
   ... The date is end of May

   <McCool> May 27-29 (I think)

   <kaz> [18]Sebastian's issue on workshop

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/605

   Sebastian: Two days for Web of Things workshop and one open day
   ... time for sending demonstrator for Web of Things
   ... also inviting other expert such as OPC-UA, press media
   ... we can show how successful Web of Things be
   ... with demonstration and social event
   ... With papers submitted and reviewed by program committee
   ... Outcome of workshop will be discussion for new charter for
   next WG
   ... We are trying to set up web page for this workshop
   ... It will be at Munich from 27th to 29th May

   Lagally: Call for paper until end of March
   ... One more goal is to attract more people joining to IG

   McCool: we are working for CfP document through the workshop
   mailing list
   ... Siemens is willing to support us for location covering 150
   people
   ... This is not an academy-focused workshop and expects input
   from industry

F2F logistic

   McCool: the date is confirmed

   <kaz>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_Fe
   bruary_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_February_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA

   McCool: 28th Jan to 2nd Feb

   Sebastian: Location is secured
   ... Siemens office
   ... Two days for TestFest instead of Plugfest

   McCool: Feel free to add ideas for plenary

   Lagally: We need ESTA for travel to US

   <kaz> [20]https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

     [20] https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

   Sebastian: Also Ege needs an invitation letter

   Kaz: I've been working with the W3C/MIT Team for that purpose,
   and am asking them to provide an invitation letter

WoT Architecture Draft

   McCool: How can we reboot and what resource is needed.

   Kaz: Matsukura-san would like to make some smaller draft for
   update

   McCool: We need to deal with this before January meeting
   ... I will ask editors to present plan to complete by January
   meeting

   Lagally: I would like to participant, so any regular call?

   McCool: Good point. Let's make a doodle pole, Kaz

   Kaz: Will do

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle poll for the expected
   wot architecture calls

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-150 - Generate a doodle poll for the
   expected wot architecture calls [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2018-12-26].

   Lagally: Would like to know how PRs are handled

   Kaz: I think Matsukura-san will present a draft at at the
   Januray 9th call

   Matsukura: yeah

   <mlagally__> Lagally: can we please make sure my PR gets merged
   into the Architecture draft before restructuring to make sure
   the work is not lost

New Documents

   McCool: We will create two W3C notes
   ... related to security
   ... Testing Plan and Best Practices
   ... Two github repo is to be prepared
   ... wot-security-best-practices and wot-security-testing-plan

   Lagally: too many documents

   McCool: Will be short documents
   ... Bunch of small documents would be easier
   ... If we put it in a big document need to update more
   frequently

   Kaz: I agree McCool from W3C point of view

   RESOLUTION: Will make two group notes and create two GitHub
   repos

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to create the expected 2 GH repos for 2
   security documents (wot-security-best-practices,
   wot-security-testing-plan)

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-151 - Create the expected 2 gh repos
   for 2 security documents (wot-security-best-practices,
   wot-security-testing-plan) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2018-12-26].

Schedule

   McCool: End of Jan we have F2F meeting and wrapping up by the
   end of February

   Sebastian: By the end of this week plan to have in a good shape
   for TD documents
   ... Semantic transformation is not in TD but other in document
   ... Providing examples for features by the end of this week
   ... Features is covered except for 'read all properties'
   ... Internally plan to update Node-WoT from beginning of
   january

   McCool: We should not have major changes after the middle of
   January
   ... because we have a TestFest at the end of January

   Daniel: One more issue is URI parameters

   Sebastian: It's already in TD from Lyon

   Daniel: Will check for the issue

   <kaz> s/WIll check/Some discussion during the Scripting calls.
   Some discussion during the Scripting calls. Will check/

   McCool: Make a decision at face to face for features marked at
   risk
   ... Consensus is not to push scripting api as rec track

   Koster: Scripting API exists and implemented in Node-WoT

   McCool: Will focus on TD first and Scripting API can be
   followed
   ... Security and Privacy also can be followed after TD

First Meeting in 2019

   McCool: First meeting will be on January 7th

   Taki: I can host TD meeting on January 4th
   ... Will ask members for participation by e-mail

TestFest results (revisited)

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask Sebastian to work with Daniel,
   etc., to provide implementation reports

   Kaz: Sebastian, please provide TestFest result CSV files

   McCool: We still have some missing assertions such as how
   security schemes are handled
   ... bunch of gaps from TD spec
   ... Issue is document stracture
   ... Will think about for fix
   ... Schemes reuses labels
   ... They will show up in table but does not show up in
   assertions
   ... Will make PRs over the break

   Kaz: Any update for tooling?

   McCool: There is AJV validator
   ... There is some issues and talking with programmer
   ... For automatic validation there is no update
   ... For now manual validation would be Ok
   ... Will close the meeting

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to create the expected 2 GH repos for 2
   security documents (wot-security-best-practices,
   wot-security-testing-plan)
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle poll for the expected
   wot architecture calls

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [21]Will make two group notes and create two GitHub repos

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/12/20 03:15:52 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 20 December 2018 03:26:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 20 December 2018 03:26:22 UTC