W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > December 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 5 December 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 11:37:43 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XWRMt8Qyazwsfz_UoupRiYN2QfeOmHEACxKDyRr+zjSA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/12/05-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

05 Dec 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Dave_Raggett, Taki_Kamiya,
          Zoltan_Kis, Michael_Lagally, Michael_Koster,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Toru_Kawaguchi, Yosuke_Nakamura,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Sebastian

   Chair
          McCool, Matthias

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Quick update
         2. [4]Next f2f
         3. [5]New security document
         4. [6]TestFest logistics
         5. [7]IG draft charter
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Quick update

   Kaz: scripting and security have been also published

   Scripting API published:
   [10]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-scripting-api-20181129/

     [10] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-scripting-api-20181129/

   Security Note published:
   [11]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/NOTE-wot-security-20181203/

     [11] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/NOTE-wot-security-20181203/

   Kaz: checking with Wendy about the procedure

   Lagally: W3C organization procedure
   ... CfP site
   ... once the procedure is clarified, Sebastian and I can start
   to work

   McCool: how many W3M meetings within this year?

   Kaz: probably this week, next week and in 2 weeks

   McCool: ok

Next f2f

   McCool: doodle poll to decide the dates

   [12]https://doodle.com/poll/5d4gbht3wm9v66dy

     [12] https://doodle.com/poll/5d4gbht3wm9v66dy

   McCool: no strong preference
   ... but Matthias is not on this poll

   Matthias: note that the 2nd candidate will be not available
   ... now 2 options: 28 jan-2 feb / 11 feb-16 feb
   ... as for myself, still need clarification
   ... first one is good and already confirmed

   McCool: in that case, why don't we simply go for the first
   option
   ... 28 Jan-2 Feb

   Matthias: would like to double check if anybody important is
   missing here

   McCool: anybody obviously missing?

   Matthias: have to check with Daniel
   ... and maybe Zoltan?

   Zoltan: guess I'll participate remotely

   McCool: why don't we send a reminder to people to ask to
   respond by Friday?
   ... Matthias, do you want to send it?

   Matthias: can send it out
   ... and everyone, please check anyone important is missing

New security document

   McCool: started to think about new documents
   ... to be referred to from the implementation report
   ... should be W3C Notes
   ... relatively easy to update (than REC track docs)
   ... WG Note or IG Note?
   ... want to put this on the table
   ... would like to ask people for opinions
   ... any opinion at the moment?

   (none)

TestFest logistics

   McCool: details to be discussed during the test call later
   ... but we'll replace all the WoT calls next week
   ... Monday: scripting and security to be used
   ... Wednesday: Editors, Main call and Testing
   ... Friday: TD slot for follow up of results
   ... important topics can be quickly discussed during the main
   call slot
   ... but we should focus on testing
   ... we've decided to call this effort "TestFest" rather than
   "PlugFest"
   ... logistics page:
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testfest/2018-12-onl
   ine/
   ... still empty
   ... we can talk about the details during the next hour
   ... any comments?

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testfest/2018-12-online/

   (none)

   McCool: main homework is making your systems up-and-running
   ... I'll try to work on VPN setting as well
   ... make sure your systems will work as the previous one
   ... regarding the GitHub repo
   ... thought there was some specific branch for TD, e.g., Lyon
   ... but seems it's gone...

   Matthias: would be better to use tags
   ... not sure if someone has removed the branches

   McCool: looking at the published version

   [14]TD Working Draft published on 21 Oct 2018

     [14] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-thing-description-20181021/

   Kaz: that one was published during the PlugFest at Lyon Univ.
   ... so should be the same as the one we used for the PlugFest

   Matthias: should use this then

   McCool: added some stuff to the table
   ... should check to make sure
   ... script to be back to the branch
   ... if someone can dig it up and tag up, would be great

   Matthias: changes are minimum
   ... the spec changes, I mean

   Kaz: if you want, I can get a diff version between this
   published version and the current updated TD on GH

   McCool: would be good
   ... the question is how stable this GH version is
   ... what's the status of node-wot?

   Matthias: we take the Editor's draft snapshot for the testing?

   McCool: can create a tag for the current Editor's draft

   Matthias: you can merge your changes for testing directly to
   the master branch
   ... and then tag it

   Kaz: maybe you can add (1) a tag right now and (2) another tag
   after adding testing update

   McCool: will do that later

   Kaz: and meanwhile I can get a diff version as well

   McCool: ok
   ... we'll start the TestFest on Monday, Dec. 10 during the
   usual Scripting slot

   Kaz: we can use the first slot of the day for 2 hours or 3
   hours
   ... e.g., scripting webex for monday and editors webex for
   wednesday

IG draft charter

   <mkovatsc> [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/599

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/599

   Matthias: summarized the changes
   ... introduction
   ... scope
   ... items done
   ... and new items from the list McCool pasted
   ... consumer, industrial and smart cities scenarios
   ... simplified APIs
   ... hypermedia concepts for complex action/events
   ... having a lifecycle on their own
   ... overall secury Thing lifecycle
   ... and Mid term
   ... evaluate new semantic technology features
   ... Long term
   ... same
   ... deliverables
   ... still fuzzy

   <mkovatsc>
   [16]https://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2019.html

     [16] https://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2019.html

   Matthias: (shows rendered version)
   ... text on the mission
   ... there is already the WG
   ... GH to contribute
   ... 1 Jan 2019 as the start date
   ... and 30 June 2021
   ... not sure about the Chairs
   ... what about the Team Contacts?

   Kaz: at the moment we can simply keep it as well empty
   ... we can mention our proposed Chair/Team Contacts in our
   email when we send this draft charter to the W3M

   Matthias: need to check within the company

   McCool: also need to check
   ... but can put my name here

   Matthias: would like to nomination process as Kaz mentioned

   McCool: that's fine
   ... management interface for security?
   ... being generic supporting services

   Matthias: ok

   McCool: architectural support
   ... WoT infrastructure supporting services
   ... can give some generic statement
   ... let's keep it generic
   ... Mid term?

   Matthias: roughly done by the current WG items
   ... end up the WG or not

   McCool: any ideas?

   Lagally: 2 issues
   ... need to look into interoperability
   ... we are currently defining a tool box
   ... many things are open and not defined -> no interoperability
   guarantee
   ... what we should do
   ... define a profile using REST/HTTP
   ... could be other profiles as well
   ... e.g., resource constrained devices
   ... what would be the interoperability in that case?
   ... some alternatives?
   ... we should also consider 1.1 version kind of extension
   ... enhancing interoperability by defining profiles

   Matthias: adds that

   Lagally: and
   ... on the new IG term: some other companies may want to have
   the opportunity to nominate somebody
   ... would make sense
   ... e.g., 2 weeks nomination period

   Matthias: yeah
   ... agree
   ... we already have candidates who are willing
   ... and would like to see if anybody else is interested

   Kaz: please note that having 3 co-Chairs might be too much, one
   or two would be better

   Matthias: agree
   ... (and then shows the current Charter)
   ... actually, the current IG Charter is already an extended one

   Kaz: ah
   ... can add one more line
   ... will check the history again

   Matthias: also wondering about how to describe "deliverables"
   ... we can start with topics rather than document titles
   ... so far the feedback is quite small
   ... maybe we can send an announcement to the public IG list to
   ask for opinions

   McCool: sounds good
   ... anything else?

   (none)

   McCool: will convene in 10 mins
   ... on the PlugFest/Test webex

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([18]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/12/06 02:34:20 $

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 6 December 2018 02:38:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 6 December 2018 02:38:47 UTC