W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 27 September 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 22:26:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UO-+4PybBHbT5mMsYCNiu+BrGQRNAA2v53fM2xvVT_xQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Uday!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

27 Sep 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Dave_Raggett, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool,
          Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Uday_Davuluru,
          Zoltan_Kis, Niklas_Widell, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Kazuaki_Nimura, Darko_Anicic, Barry_Leiba, DarkoAnicic,
          Daniel_Peintner, Taki_Kamiya, Yongjing_Zhang

   Regrets
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Matthias_Kovatsch, Kazuo_Kajimoto

   Chair
          McCool, Yongjing

   Scribe
          uday

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Node WoT status
         2. [6]IoT Security Workshop
         3. [7]Eidtor Training & Publication Schedule
         4. [8]TPAC Logistics
         5. [9]PlugFest updates
         6. [10]TF reports
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: uday

   McCool: Quick updates

Node WoT status

   kaz gives update

   MIT vs W3C licensing. will wrap up the discussion shortly

IoT Security Workshop

   McCool: IoT security workshop

   <kaz> mccool: NDSS: Proposal accepted; CFP submitted
   IEEE S&P: Proposal submitted

Eidtor Training & Publication Schedule

   <kaz> [13]https://www.w3.org/2017/Talks/0608-ash-nazg-ka/

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2017/Talks/0608-ash-nazg-ka/

   <kaz> [14]https://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-rm-minutes.html
   (Member-only)

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-rm-minutes.html

   Kaz: editor training on W3C repo manager

   can hold another training for editors

   also would like to discuss publication schedule with the
   Editors

   McCool: propose to have an editors meeting next week and
   discuss

   summary of things to accomplish

TPAC Logistics

   McCool: TPAC logistics

   registration deadline-oct 6th

   <kaz> [WG/IG participants, please get registered with the above
   registration sites asap!!!]

   <kaz> [15]tpac registration

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2017/

   <kaz> [16]PlugFest registration

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/

   McCool: other groups to meet?

   Web security, web payment, automotive, etc.

   Kaz: will create a section on wiki page for joint meeting

   <kaz> done!

   McCool: payment group reached out for a joint meeting
   ... proposal to setup a join meeting on Thursday

   <kaz> [17]input section for joint meetings on the F2F wiki

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA#Plenary_and_Breakouts

PlugFest updates

   McCool: updates on plugfest?

   <kaz> [18]Matsukura-san's slides

     [18] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Sep/att-0017/update_Issues_for_TPAC_plugfest_170927a.pdf

   Matsukura-San: presents updated plugfest slides

   proxy servient concept introduced

   Slide 3: Integration model updated

   <kaz> mccool: would like to think about face recognition kind
   of service as an application. is that online with your image?

   <kaz> Matsu: yes

   Kaz: remote proxy manages multiple applications, e.g., face
   recognition and speech recognition and local proxy servient
   manages multiple devices, e.g., air conditioner and sensors?

   Matsu: yes

   <kaz> kaz: so it would be clearer to have those two proxy
   servients separately

   <kaz> Matsu: right

   <kaz> Uday: why there is an application servient on the local
   side?

   Uday: do we have application servient local or in cloud?

   <kaz> mccool: like fog application, we could have a local
   application

   McCool: for local fog applications

   Matsu: demo scenario discussed

   Koster: local proxy for different protocols will be active in
   real scenario, but when we consume a device, what PB does the
   application see?

   made a diagram and would like to review this in the next TD
   meeting on friday

   How much of translation is done in the proxy?

   McCool: proxy is too general, can have protocol translators,
   privacy proxies etc

   for PB translation proxies are relevant

   Koster: yes proxy include a lot of caching etc

   Kaz: agree, we should clarify expected functionality of each
   servient

   McCool: what is discovery setup?

   Koster: where are the directories

   Matsu: variety of implementations possible, device servient can
   connect to legacy device

   McCool: where will we have the registration service?

   Dape: there will be directory from Victor

   in the past hosted locally

   Kaz: dedicated plugfest call?

   <kaz> uday+mccool: makes sense

   <McCool> kaz, will you do a doodle for a plugfest org call,
   then?

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for a PlugFest
   organization call [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Generate a doodle for a
   plugfest organization call [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2017-10-04].

   Matsu: we have to clarify PB with proxy

   Koster: can continue in next session

   Dave: have considered having binding with IoT device, thing is
   created behind the device

   <dsr> The app that exposes a thing on a servient can just use
   the platform networking modules to talk to IoT devices, there
   is no need for special binding templates. In my case, the
   servient then publishes the thing description via HTTP and
   supports web sockets for messaging.

TF reports

   McCool: TF reports

   Zoltan: Scripting API update

   <kaz> [20]Scripting minutes (Member-only)

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/25-wot-minutes.html

   PR changes

   <kaz> [Dave's comment will be moved later@@]

   Koster: PB TF update

   <kaz> [21]Binding minutes (Member-only)

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/26-wot-minutes.html

   combining input and output data elements

   designs activities for events and proxy servients

   Bindings for Echonet, Zigbee etc

   FPWD to be done

   McCool: need a doc for TPAC
   ... internal editor's draft before TPAC
   ... Security TF update

   <kaz> [22]Security minutes

     [22] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/25-wot-sec-minutes.html

   McCool: need to discuss publication targets
   ... additional topics?

   Darko: TD TF update

   <kaz> [23]TD minutes (Member-only)

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/22-wot-td-minutes.html

   TD FPWD feedback to be reviewed

   TD events discussed

   Kaz presented approaches from Automotive WG

   MK working on MQTT and CoAP observe proposal

   <kaz> Yamada-san on WebSocket interface

   McCool: anyone working on current practices doc?

   Dape: current practices to be a doc with links to other specs

   McCool: next week agenda update

   <mjkoster_> darko: would like to get TDs from plugfest
   participants to create the necessary iotschema capabilities

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for a PlugFest
   organization call [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/09/27 13:24:26 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 27 September 2017 13:27:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 27 September 2017 13:27:41 UTC