W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 6 September 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 21:40:50 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VHv83S=Z0jurEtZ3f7q9SpCrw_BuoEqO5+MRT9CUJTDg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/09/06-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Also thank you very much for all your hard work, Editors and Reviewers!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

06 Sep 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/06-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett,
          Kazuo_Kajimoto, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Uday_Davuluru,
          Zontan_Kis, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Barry_Leiba, Keiichi_Tokuyama,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka, Masato_Ohura, Yongjing_Zhang

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias, McCool, Kajimoto, Yongjing

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Infoshare
         2. [5]Security workshop
         3. [6]Architecture draft
         4. [7]TD draft
         5. [8]Scripting API draft
         6. [9]WoT Web pages
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Infoshare

   <kaz> matthias: fyi, just updated the wot/architecture document
   with a link to avoid confusion

Security workshop

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

   mccool sent info out on the mailing list

   mccool: we are planning to conduct a security workshop at the
   upcoming security conference

   <kaz> [12]McCool's message (member-only)

     [12] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2017Sep/0000.html

Architecture draft

   matthias: let's focus on FPWD then

   <mkovatsc> [13]https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

     [13] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

   matthias: ready to publish the 3 documents, finished addressing
   the internal review comments
   ... editors consensus that we are ready to publish FPWD
   ... First the Architecture diocument: any issues?

   <mkovatsc> [14]https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

     [14] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

   matthias: are there any objections to publish this document?
   ... no objections; the document will be forwarded for
   publication on September 12

   RESOLUTION: Architecture draft will be published as a FPWD

   zoltan: think there is still a conflict in the scripting
   document
   ... clarify with mccool about which section is to be merged

   matthias: let's talk about that at the discussion on Scripting

TD draft

   <mkovatsc> [15]https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

     [15] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

   matthias: next: TD document

   sebastian: resolved most of the outstanding issues, would like
   to go over the document for one final review
   ... 95% ready

   <mkovatsc> [16]https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

     [16] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

   <kaz> i/First the Architecture document:/topic: Architecture
   draft/

   matthias: any objections to publish the referenced TD document
   as FPWD?

   RESOLUTION: TD draft will be published as a FPWD

Scripting API draft

   <mkovatsc> [17]https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

     [17] https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

   matthias: scripting document?

   zoltan: merging final changes...

   matthias: waiting for github.io cache to refresh...

   <mkovatsc> [18]https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

   matthias: updated the header and moved the security
   considerations
   ... any objections to publish the scripting document as FPWD?

   RESOLUTION: Scripting API draft will be published as a FPWD

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a transition request for those 3
   docs and work with PLH and the webmaster [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/09/06-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/06-wot-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-117 - Generate a transition request
   for those 3 docs and work with plh and the webmaster [on
   Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-09-13].

WoT Web pages

   matthias: update on W3C website
   ... talked with the MarComm Team
   ... we can update our IG/WG pages but can't touch the Landing
   page
   ... AOB?

   <kaz> (none)

   matthias: ready to adjourn
   ... tx a lot for your hard work, all!

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a transition request for those 3
   docs and work with PLH and the webmaster [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/09/06-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/09/06-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [21]Architecture draft will be published as a FPWD
    2. [22]TD draft will be published as a FPWD
    3. [23]Scripting API draft will be published as a FPWD

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/09/06 12:37:56 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:42:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:42:06 UTC