W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 18 October 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 23:48:11 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X=4U0kRDGuUX0MOeQX3EwRsPnfR_RnaXbFHOL12k48PA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/10/18-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

18 Oct 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/18-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, DarkoAnicic, Darko_Anicic,
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Takeshi_Sano,
          Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Zoltan_Kis, Uday_Davuluru, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Yongjing_Zhang, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Kazuaki_Nimura,
          Masato_Ohura, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Kazuo_Kajimoto

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool, Yongjing

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]schedule for architecture, scripting, and binding
            template document
         2. [6]update to CP document
         3. [7]Infoshare
         4. [8]TPAC logistics
         5. [9]Binding Templates draft
         6. [10]TPAC logistics (revisited)
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

   <mkovatsc>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

schedule for architecture, scripting, and binding template document

   kaz: example schedule on the TD wiki page:

   <kaz>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_Web
   Conf

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf

   kaz: five milestones in the document schedule from FPWD to REC
   state

   mccool: created a schedule section in the document

   <kaz>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#Dates

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#Dates

   matthias: yes, let's do this

   mccool: review the schedule along with the document

   matthias: contact mjkoster about getting an early document for
   binding templates

   mccool: there is a deadline of Nov 1st

   <kaz> mjkoster: I already have a ReSpec version and just need
   to swap some of the text

   matthias: text needs to be put into the newest respec template
   ... which has been nit-picked already

update to CP document

   matthias: currently under heavy restructuring to sync up with
   the FPWD documents

   mccool: should archive the release version or checkpoint in git
   with a tag

   dape: should keep an actual copy of the document to review from
   time to time

   <mkovatsc>
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/current-practices

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/current-practices

Infoshare

   matthias: any other updates?

   yongjing: please review and provide feedback on the submission
   for ETSI IoT Week

   matthias: will review and comment by Friday

   mccool: NDSS CFP is available, deadline is Dec 1
   ... plan to submit a paper on WoT security
   ... also giving a talk 1 hour long
   ... will prepare and circulate a draft, will finalize on Monday

TPAC logistics

   <mkovatsc> TPAC Registration results:
   [17]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/results

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/results

   <mkovatsc> Registration site:
   [18]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/

   matthias: reminder to register using the above link

   <mkovatsc> Draft Agenda:
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2
   017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA#Agenda

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA#Agenda

   matthias: review the agenda

   mccool: add the security document to the introduction

   matthias: need to assign speakers and do more detailed planning
   of the talk

   mccool: maybe one person could present the overview

   matthias: agree
   ... we also want to invite some open discussion

   matthias: Dave has invited some local companies, do we have a
   list of RSVP or idea of who will be there?

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to check with Dave and clarify who is invited
   to the mini-openday on Monday [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/18-wot-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-120 - Check with dave and clarify who
   is invited to the mini-openday on monday [on Kazuyuki Ashimura
   - due 2017-10-25].

   matthias: social lunch 1.5 hours
   ... afternoon topic on event models for design patterns and
   architecture context
   ... main theme is multi-servient, cloud connectivity,
   NAT/firewall
   ... also to standardize security patterns

   mccool: note that need to support Amazon security model to work
   with Alexa
   ... also will have semantic annotation as a theme
   ... need to decide how to include the annotation in the TD
   ... when to schedule the Plugfest feedback, needs to be in the
   morning for remote participation
   ... late afternoon would be a good schedule for open day

   <kaz> [NOTE: 9am US Pacific is 6pm in Europe on Nov. 6]

   matthias: (reorganizes schedule accordingly)

Binding Templates draft

   <yongjing> where to find the latest binding template draft?

   <yongjing> [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates
   this link provides basically nothing..

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates

   yongjing: needs binding template document for reference in his
   presentation

   <kaz>
   [22]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mjkoster/wot-protocol-bin
   ding/master/bindingtemplates-rawtext-16102017.txt

     [22] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mjkoster/wot-protocol-binding/master/bindingtemplates-rawtext-16102017.txt

   <kaz> raw text draft above

   <kaz> [23]pullrequest 5

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/pull/5

   <kaz> [24]Binding Templates repo

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates

   matthias: use index.html

   mccool: use a working branch for work in progress, look at
   table css

   matthias: use the architecture document for a respec template

   <kaz> [25]WoT Architecture repo

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture

   <kaz> matthias: should consider how to apply the pubrules
   checker, etc.

   mjkoster: will prepare a new respec version of the Binding
   Templates for review by Friday

   matthias: breakouts: security considerations

TPAC logistics (revisited)

   matthias: Binding Templates discussion on Tuesday AM, review of
   open issues

   <Zakim> zkis, you wanted to propose a topic on terminology

   zkis: need to include terminology and discuss at the beginning
   of the F2F

   <zkis> see last comments here:
   [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/35

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/35

   <zkis>
   [27]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/35#issuecomm
   ent-337555425

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/35#issuecomment-337555425

   zkis: tuesday afternoon

   sebastian: need to have discussion and get feedback on JSON
   schema and type ontology
   ... needs to enable remote participation

   matthias: need to refine the topics of the TD discussion

   zkis: discussion is needed on how to include scripts in TD or
   include TD in script (aka polymer)

   matthias: this is at the early stage of discussion

   zkis: can discuss more in the next TD call

   <kaz> [28]TD issue 57

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/57

   mccool: maybe we could add a new issues discussion where we
   cover this and similar topics

   matthias: it's related to long term vision

   zkis: the script/TD discussion has security aspects

   mccool: want to generalize Alexa to voice interface
   ... there is also the specific Alexa semantic framework

   matthias: slot for plugfest demo on Wednesday

   mccool: get posters lined up with the schedule

   matthias: we need to make the plugfest poster on site

   mccool: sent out an email about a candidate release for
   Security Considerations

   <McCool>
   [29]https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-security/master/index.html

     [29] https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-security/master/index.html

   mccool: we need to review and get consensus to release by the
   next general (Wednesday the 25th) meeting
   ... will integrate more PRs until Monday

   matthias: what is Sushi?

   kaz: there is an icon of Sushi (maguro sushi) since it's
   raw-git :)

   <kaz> [30]PlugFest demo breakout proposal

     [30] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2017/SessionIdeas#Web_of_Things_PlugFest_Demos_.28Outreach.40TPAC.29

   <inserted> kaz: demo proposal as part of breakout sessions
   above

   matthias: who is going to observe and attend other groups at
   TPAC? please update the wiki

   <mkovatsc>
   [31]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2
   017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA#Joint_meetings_with_related_groups_--_
   Please_add_your_name_under_the_groups

     [31] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA#Joint_meetings_with_related_groups_--_Please_add_your_name_under_the_groups

   adjourn

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to check with Dave and clarify who is invited
   to the mini-openday on Monday [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/18-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/10/18 14:45:17 $

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 18 October 2017 14:49:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 18 October 2017 14:49:23 UTC