W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > February 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 15 February 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 23:43:32 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UxmFned9+GHhoYscWnikPDsWNVzMmmsPvpi90uLr9StA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks for taking nots, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

15 Feb 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Takuki_Kamiya, Tony_Homer(observer), Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Masato_Ohura, Johannes_Hund, Michael_Koster, Zoltan_Kis,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura, Takeshi_Yamada,
          Victor_Charpenay, McCool, Michael_McCool

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          Dave

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Agenda
         2. [6]Santa Clara F2F report
         3. [7]upcoming face to face meetings
         4. [8]Github repositories for the WG
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dsr__

Agenda

   <mkovatsc>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#15_Feb_2017

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#15_Feb_2017

   Quick Updates

   Santa Clara F2F

   Report

   Finalize Düsseldorf F2F

   Technical

   New repositories

   Editors briefing

   Communications TF

   Agenda for Next WebConf

   We welcome Tony Homer from Intel who was invited to this call
   by Michael McCool.

   <tony> Thank you

   Matthias starts the meeting and asks if there are any quick
   updates. [no one speaks up]

   Konica Minolta were due to talk today, but asked for a one week
   postponement.

   Similarly, I am trying to arrange a slot for Fernando Serena to
   present on the UPM work on a WoT ontology

Santa Clara F2F report

   <kaz> [12]draft Santa Clara f2f minutes

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2017/02/06-09-wot-minutes.html

   Matthias: I posted a high level summary of the outcome from the
   meeting.

   <kaz> [13]Matthias' slides

     [13]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Feb/att-0015/2017_F2F-Next.pdf

   Mathias summarises the summary

   We’ve invited Frank to join Kajimoto-san for the servient
   architecture document.

   For the thing description WG spec we have Sebastian and Taki as
   editors

   Matthias continues with his summary of the slides for the
   various task forces

   The scripting spec will be edited by Johannes, Zoltan and
   Nimura-san

   For the binding templates the editors are Matthias and Uday
   (pending confirmation)

   The security task force won’t produce normative specs but will
   support the other task forces. We have a charter in github and
   now need to recruit experts to help with the work.

   We also expect to seek help via liaisons including the IETF

   Matthias continues with the Interest Group task force plans

   The Linked Data and Semantic Processing task force charter -
   we’re seeking feedback on the charter over the next two weeks

   Matthias walks us through the status of the various liaisons

   This includes reaching out to the OPC for their work on OPC-UA
   which includes a graph modelling language analogous to RDF

   We’re working with Industrie 4.0 on defining a demonstrator and
   hope to bring this to the next Plugfest

   OPC is also involved in I4.0 and we’re hoping for a synergy

   Matthias is looking for collaboration with the T2TRG in respect
   to hypermedia controls and the potential relationship to
   actions and error handling

   Michael McCool is talk with the OpenFog consortium which could
   prove relevant to our work.

upcoming face to face meetings

   The next one is 15-19 May in Osaka, Japan

   We need to add details to the wiki and open a registration
   form.

   Kaz will set up a call with the meeting hosts and include the
   IG/WG co-chairs

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate wiki/registration site for the
   Ohsaka meeting, and set up local organizing meeting including
   the host and the co-Chairs [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-101 - Generate wiki/registration site
   for the ohsaka meeting, and set up local organizing meeting
   including the host and the co-chairs [on Kazuyuki Ashimura -
   due 2017-02-22].

   The following face to face is in July in Dusseldorf, Germany
   hosted by Lemonbeat

   The poll results suggest 9-13 July

   This is timed to precede the IETF meeting

   The final meeting this year is 6-10 November in Burlingame,
   Calfornia as part of TPAC

   The following weekend is the IETF

   For 2018, we hope to co-locate with a security conference and
   perhaps the IETF in London, and a meeting in China

   For Osaka, we aim to have the RDF model for thing descriptions
   and editors draft for the WG specs.

   For Dusseldorf, a draft test suite and Internet Drafts with
   security concepts for IETF review

   For TPAC in November, release candidates for first public
   working drafts for the WG

   We hope to release W3C Candidate Recommendations by December
   2018

   Michael: I will be attending the T2TRG meeting in Amsterdam,
   any one else?

   Matthias: I will attend

   Matthias talks about some of the IETF security groups we should
   liaise with

   Michael has been talking with people inside Intel on the W3C
   security task force, but so far no takers as everyone is
   already busy with other work

   Kaz: the WG charter places expectations for early publication
   of the architecture deliverable, so we need to make that happen

   I think the due date for Architecture is June

   <kaz> [15]WoT WG Charter

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2016/12/wot-wg-2016.html#deliverables

   Matthias: I will update the roadmap accordingly and Kaz can put
   this up on the website

Github repositories for the WG

   Kaz has created one repository for each WG deliverable and
   given the editors update rights

   GitHub repositories for the WG deliverables:
   ... [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture
   ... [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description
   ... [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api
   ... [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture
     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description
     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api
     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates

   This is a poll for the editors to pick a joint slot for
   coordination

   <mkovatsc> [20]https://ethz.doodle.com/poll/dabycy4zdewtwqtd

     [20] https://ethz.doodle.com/poll/dabycy4zdewtwqtd

   The aim is to train editors on the W3C echidina tool chain for
   spec publication

   Michael: there is interest in US people attending the call, but
   the current slot is too early.

   We’re short of US participation so this matters, and perhaps we
   can alternate calls to even out the pain

   Michael suggests one hour later than now as a possible
   compromise, or alternating the time slots

   Matthias: alternativing slots tends to result in people only
   attending the calls that suit them

   Kaz: similar challenge for auto group, we try to pick the
   timeslot for next call at the end of the current call

   <mkovatsc> (and losing people because they are confused)

   Johannes: we tried alternating slots in the IG and it caused
   considerable confusion, but good ICS files help with people’s
   calendars

   Michael: a good reminder system helps, and to pick somewhat
   inconvenient but not horrible times to encourage regular
   participation

   Matthias: we should set up a poll to see what is the best
   compromise

   Michael: we should forward the poll to folks at the plugfest
   and others who are not yet members, but may be interested in
   atttending if the time is more convenient

   Matthias asks Michael to organise the poll

   Kaz askes Michael whether he meant the Editors debriefing call
   or this IG/WG joint call, and actually Michael rather meant the
   IG/WG joint call slot.

   Michael prefers to focus on IG call for now

   Dave mentions we need to clarify how to organize IG/WG calls as
   well (continue to be a joint call? or two separate calls?

   Kaz: maybe this call continues as a joint IG/WG call, but WG
   Task Force calls should be WG members only

   This relates to patent policy commitments for REC track items

   Matthias: we have a joint IG/WG status tracking call, and WG
   only calls for each WG task force

   Johannes: we need to accomodate the people who are in the task
   forces, but need to reachout to others

   There are no more topics for today, and Matthias adjourns
   today’s call

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate wiki/registration site for the
   Ohsaka meeting, and set up local organizing meeting including
   the host and the co-Chairs [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/02/15 14:40:34 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 15 February 2017 14:44:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 15 February 2017 14:44:50 UTC