W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2016

[wot] minutes - 28 September 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:14:27 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Wn5DKRdbr-ccqQ--UQtKCDeVOxxZ=LTZDXvxutjVKhFg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/09/28-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

28 Sep 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/28-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster,
          Masato_Ohura, Takuki_Kamiya, DarkoAnicic,
          Federico_Sismondi, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Victor_Charpenay,
          Yingying_Chen, Katsuyoshi_Naka

   Regrets
   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     * [5]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   kaz: who will chair the call today?

   seb: Matthias is not available today
   ... none of Chairs is here
   ... so maybe official regular call should be held next week
   ... but can start quick summary from TPAC last week
   ... some people were already there on Monday
   ... and joined some joint meetings
   ... Automotive, Spatial Data, etc.
   ... can give some impressions

   darko: can go through the agenda

   ->
   [6]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_
   Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings agenda for the
   joint meetings

      [6]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

   darko: Spatial data meeting
   ... similar to the one last year
   ... two sessions
   ... one in the spatial group on Tuesday
   ... and another on Thursday
   ... we talked about TD
   ... little discussion by the Spatial group side
   ... possible use of SSN
   ... interesting in some proposal to define property for SSN
   ontology
   ... some sort of device description
   ... if you have a sensor within SSN
   ... there is some measurement
   ... where came from
   ... measurement description
   ... generated based on TD
   ... they're planning to send that proposal to the Device group
   ... but possibly to TD as well
   ... and Thursday
   ... SSN call
   ... some extension
   ... they also added actuators

   seba: good cooperation for vocabulary
   ... quite interested
   ... nice to see ontology could be used

   darko: right
   ... one thing I didn't mention
   ... they created a few examples
   ... devices have some constraints
   ... Dan Brickly from Google was there at the joint meeting
   ... also presented schema.org within our session (on Friday)
   ... schema.org might be also a possible candidate for WoT
   vocabulary
   ... as well as SSN

   kaz: the Thursday joint meeting is Kerry and Natasha?

   darko: yes, Kerry, Natasha and Dan

   seba: Device and Sensors WG?

   kaz: Johannes gave a presentation on the WoT IG's work and we
   had discussion on security, etc.
   ... further collaboration expected, e.g., security topics

   seba: Automotive?
   ... shared information about our/their current status
   ... exchange information closely
   ... WebSocket-based framework and data format

   ->
   [7]https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service_
   Specification Vehicle information service spec

      [7]
https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service_Specification

   seba: also security discussion

   kaz: Mr. Hashimoto from KDDI has been working on security &
   privacy within the Automotive BG/WG
   ... the Vehicle info service spec draft above also includes
   security portion, e.g., how to handle tokens

   ->
   [8]https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/images/1/13/W3C_Vehicle_API_
   Component_Diagram_v1.2.png

      [8]
https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/images/1/13/W3C_Vehicle_API_Component_Diagram_v1.2.png

   kaz: further collaboration is expected

   seba: yes
   ... there was discussion on security token as well
   ... Thing Description should also discuss what kind of security
   token should be handled
   ... very interesting scenario

   michael: very interesting
   ... also working for 2 months on GENIVI's VSS (Vehicle Signal
   Specification) from OCF
   ... it turned out descriptive
   ... also they're using WebSocket-based architecture
   ... I'd like to use TD for the OCF REST interface
   ... signal themselves have some type
   ... they use programing language type
   ... think all promising
   ... really would support VSS

   kaz: VSS has tree structure
   ... and each terminal node has concrete data with some data
   type, e.g., Int16 (as well as max, min, enum, unit, etc.)

   -> [9]VSS Tree

      [9]
https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service_Specification#VSS_Tree

   michael: within YAML there is also Max, Min, etc.

   victor: Michael, resources on the OCF side?

   michael: we defined all the branches as data collection
   ... cabin has doors, etc.
   ... and the door has property of open/close
   ... some kind of query for the information
   ... I can share all the information about mapping
   ... different kinds of TD

   seba: also there were some small meetups as well
   ... demo plugfest on Wednesday
   ... discussions with the audience
   ... plugfest content was what we already had for the Beijing
   meeting
   ... and we generated banner posters to show what the building
   blocks were
   ... how TD is used, etc.
   ... how to work with small micro controllers, etc.
   ... we had another table on Scripting API as well
   ... also Protocol binding

   -> [10]https://www.w3.org/2016/09/tpac2016/21/ Pictures from
   the Plenary Day (Member-only)

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/tpac2016/21/

   seba: air conditioner from Panasonic
   ... blind from Fujitsu
   ... device controller from Siemens
   ... my feeling was very nice
   ... many interesting discussions
   ... people understood what we were doing
   ... very successful session

   kaz: agree
   ... many people more than 100
   ... took many pictures and will include some of them in the
   minutes

   seba: ok
   ... quickly skim the Thu/Fri agenda?

   ->
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings agenda

     [11]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

   <DarkoAnicic>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/meeting-results/beij
   ing-f2f/wot-f2f-beijing-subscriptions.md

     [12]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/meeting-results/beijing-f2f/wot-f2f-beijing-subscriptions.md

   darko: initial discussion on agenda, joint sessions with
   Geospatial and Dom's talk, and then breakouts
   ... Subscription follow-up
   ... feedback from Beijing meeting
   ... further discussion during web meetings
   ... TD lifecycle?

   seba: yes

   -> [13]https://www.w3.org/2016/09/22-wot-td-minutes.html TD
   lifecycle minutes

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/22-wot-td-minutes.html

   seba: Kajimoto-san talked about TD lifecycle
   ... update for new devices

   <DarkoAnicic> TD Lifecycle:
   [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/td-lifecyc
   le/TD_Lifecycle_Concept.pptx

     [14]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/td-lifecycle/TD_Lifecycle_Concept.pptx

   seba: TD information for manufactures and service providers
   ... how to override existing TD?
   ... update/delete, etc.
   ... good input from semantic experts
   ... kind of guideline for TD lifecycle process
   ... also slides by Kajimoto-san above

   darko: victor, Hydra?

   victor: discussion on Hydra

   <DarkoAnicic> TD & hypermedia control - Hydra:
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TDvsHydra.pdf

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TDvsHydra.pdf

   victor: action item to continue comparison between TD and Hydra
   ... objective is to see what is missing
   ... data types, etc.
   ... how to extend Hydra
   ... will reach out to the Hydra CG

   darko: Scripting API?

   kaz: Johannes?

   seba: no, he is on biz trip...
   ... maybe next week

   darko: some organizational work
   ... liaison, etc.
   ... reference implementations
   ... how to motivate implementers to align their
   implementations?
   ... maybe online PlugFest, etc.

   seba: also we now have new co-Chairs for the proposed WG
   ... Michael McCool from Intel, Kazuo Kajimoto from Panasonic
   and Matthias Kovatsch from Siemens for the WG
   ... also Yongjing from Huawei and Matthias for the IG
   ... next f2f meeting is being planned to be held in California
   probably hosted by Intel
   ... and May meeting in Osaka hosted by Panasonic
   ... and then TPAC 2017 in California

   darko: and some reports

   seba: also we had a demo on the F-Interop Project
   ... and initial ideas
   ... very nice to collaborate with them
   ... online testing environment

   kaz: yes
   ... so I suggested we think about how to reuse their mechanism
   or integrate it with the existing W3C Testing framework

   federico: provides online interoperable testing environment

   kaz: resources?

   federico: already installed on the wiki

   kaz: please let me know about the URL

   federico: (put the URL on the WebEx chat)

   <kaz2>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:20160922_F-Interop_TPAC
   -WoT_v2_1.pdf

     [16]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:20160922_F-Interop_TPAC-WoT_v2_1.pdf

   federico: please contact me, and will direct to appropriate
   people

   kaz: tx!

   federico: we'll schedule a call on what to be do for the WoT
   testing
   ... would be great to have WoT experts

   kaz: some calls on your side?

   federico: yes, some particular call
   ... following Matthias' suggestion

   seba: we had another presentation by Yuki from UNI
   ... they showed demonstration of a smart home
   ... interested in joining PlugFest effort

   <kaz2> [17]UNI's slides

     [17]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/e/ee/DemoScriptForLisbon20160922(WotPUB).pdf

   seba: and restructuring proposal for TD

   ->
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/td-restruc
   turing TD restructuring proposal

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/td-restructuring

   seba: reorganization to make TD clearer
   ... each resource/interaction should contain what?
   ... many people are interested in this topic
   ... setup specific Web meetings
   ... would like to start this asap because this is very
   important fundamental building block
   ... please respond to the Doodle poll so that we can make
   decision on the time slot

   darko: is Matsukura-san around for synchronization?

   (no)

   darko: TD just on thing features
   ... but how to keep TD up-to-date?

   kaz: maybe we should revisit this as well next week
   ... this is related to Kajimoto-san's lifecycle topic

   darko: yes
   ... how to keep TD up-to-date

   seba: that's it :)
   ... questions?
   ... if not, we had a joint meeting with IRTF T2T

   ->
   [19]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dJVJIKTkzPkisfS4KKhLvXC
   VzFac039HNWyT199GDmw/edit#heading=h.1patg3u6t0q IRTF T2T joint
   meeting minutes (draft)

     [19]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dJVJIKTkzPkisfS4KKhLvXCVzFac039HNWyT199GDmw/edit#heading=h.1patg3u6t0q

   kaz: gives brief summary

   seba: any more questions?

   (none)

   seba: please respond to the Doodle for the call on TD
   restructuring discussion

   <sebastian> [20]http://doodle.com/poll/hcafvkxwfwqxhn66

     [20] http://doodle.com/poll/hcafvkxwfwqxhn66

   seba: tx and see you next week!

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/09/28 14:51:03 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Thursday, 29 September 2016 09:15:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 29 September 2016 09:15:46 UTC