W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2016

[wot] minutes - 14 September 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 23:20:19 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VQz4p9J5pqtt176vZrsBC+wHEEzsjn9UYH0zN4ZxNXNQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

14 Sep 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_14_September_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool,
          Dave_Raggett, Daniel_Peintner, Takuki_Kamiya,
          Ari_Keranen, Joerg_Heuer, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Yingying_Chen, Johannes_Hund, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Darko_Anicic, Kazuo_Kajimoto,
          Kazuaki_Nimura, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Masato_Ohura

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias

   Scribe
          michael

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]WoT WG AC Review status
         2. [6]TPAC agenda
         3. [7]demo setup
         4. [8]status on tables
         5. [9]Roll-up posters
         6. [10]WoT Flyers
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_Wo
   T_IG_WebConf:_14_September_2016

     [13]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_14_September_2016

WoT WG AC Review status

   <kaz> [14]ac review announcement (Member-only)

     [14]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2016JulSep/0040.html

   <kaz> [15]draft WG Charter

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/wot-wg-charter.html

   <kaz> kaz: AC Review request was sent out to the AC yesterday

   Comments or questions on AC Review?

   Dave: one rep was missing background material, could make white
   paper more visible in the introduction?

   Kaz: Joerg needs to create one slide for AC outreach
   ... tuesday agenda is full, but there is an opportunity on Wed
   AM

   one or two slides, summary of the group and description of the
   demo

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk with the meeting planner team and
   Jeff about the WoT speech (maybe on Wed) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-76 - Talk with the meeting planner
   team and jeff about the wot speech (maybe on wed) [on Kazuyuki
   Ashimura - due 2016-09-21].

   Dave: Industry of Things World Conference in Berlin, W3C stand,
   Dave will be there, also a workshop on Monday, panel
   discussions, 2 page handout and joint white paper

   Kaz: can we discuss the joint white paper as a separate agenda
   item. right? people was wondering about that and that was an
   agenda item for the previous meeting.

   Dave: F2F agenda item to discuss

   Joerg: is the white paper part of the IG activity?

   Dave: it is a joint activity outside the IG and may be brought
   back into the IG

   <kaz>
   [17]https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307122744_Semantic
   _Interoperability_for_the_Web_of_Things?channel=doi&linkId=57c1
   df6008aeda1ec38cf5f5&showFulltext=true

     [17]
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307122744_Semantic_Interoperability_for_the_Web_of_Things?channel=doi&linkId=57c1df6008aeda1ec38cf5f5&showFulltext=true

   Michael: where is the link?

   Kaz: should clarify that this is not work done by the IG

   Matthias: it is produced by a different group of people

   Dave: the affiliations of the contributors are listed in the
   document

   Matthias: it should be clear that this is not W3C work

   Dave: it is input to the discussion

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention the WoT outreach table and
   ask how to share the load

   Dave: we could publish it through the IG as external material

   McCool: could we have it as a discussion paper?

   Kaz: It's like a research paper someone has submitted to a
   conference, external work

   Johannes: we could take it as input

   Kaz: encourage people to talk with their AC rep to encourage
   approval of our charter

   <kaz> [18]AC review outreach table (member-only)

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2016/07/WoT-outreach.html

   <kaz> Dave: could be part of the f2f agenda?

   <kaz> kaz: fine

TPAC agenda

   <mkovatsc>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda

     [19]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda

   <kaz> McCool: question on how to add items to the f2f agenda

   McCool: add other orgs outreach to the agenda for F2F

   <DarkoAnicic> +q

   Matthias: please review the proposed agenda

   <kaz> McCool: need to leave Friday afternoon

   Joerg: we could split the session on SDO outreach to Thursday
   and Friday

   Matthias: could we reduce the breakout introduction to a
   written summary?

   save 1.5 hours in the agenda

   Darko: planning meeting with Spatial Data on the Web group,
   also could add a 30 minute session to our meeting on Thursday

   Joerg: focus on TD in the discussion
   ... and semantics

   (discussion of possible time slots)

   <kaz> [20]TPAC breakout assignment

     [20]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2016#Breakout_Schedule_.28session_grid.29

   <kaz> [21]Spatial Data on the Web meets Web of Things has been
   chancelled

     [21]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2016/SessionIdeas#CANCELLED:_Spatial_Data_on_the_Web_meets_Web_of_Things_.28Outreach.40TPAC.29

   Matthias: T2TRG joint meeting on weekend, could discuss
   protocol bindings and other topics

   Kaz: what is the expected attendance of the T2TRG meeting?

   <kaz> s/cancelled/cancelled; will be part of the Spatial Data
   group meeting on Tuesday/

   Dave: schedule presentations on IoT security work and danbri on
   iot.schema.org

   Matthias: any other input on the agenda topic?

   Johannes: can move the web assembly discussion to a future call

demo setup

   <mkovatsc>
   [22]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo#Requirements

     [22]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo#Requirements

   Matthias: what is room setup, table setup, projector?

   Can someone bring a mobile projector?

   <kaz> [ the demo room is "Auditorium III" on the first floor as
   recorded at:
   [23]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2016#Breakout_Schedule_.28sess
   ion_grid.29 ]

     [23]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2016#Breakout_Schedule_.28session_grid.29

   Can we confirm that the room will be supplied with 2 power
   strip per table?

   4 outlets each power strip, 8 outlets per table

   web of power cables

   Daniel: we could note on the wiki what we are bringing

   McCool will bring a 19 inch display

   <dape>
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon
   github repo for roll-ups

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon

   Matthias: has anyone looked at the roll-up and have comments?

   <McCool> portable display:
   [25]http://www.icitouchtech.com/gechic-2501h

     [25] http://www.icitouchtech.com/gechic-2501h

   <Sebastian> please find latest roll-up about the TD

   <Sebastian>
   [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon
   /TPAC-2016-Poster-Thing-Description.svg

     [26]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon/TPAC-2016-Poster-Thing-Description.svg

   Yingying: the Web of Things icon is not appropriate to include
   in an official W3C message, it has not been approved as a W3C
   communication material and should not be used in W3C endorsed
   communication

   We are already using it in slides and other material

   Joerg: it's a late time to change things, we are using it
   internally

   Yingying: this is the message from W3C Marcomm group, to not
   include the logo in our communication

   Dave: it is an internal graphic and not officially adopted
   ... we are safe on materials we are handing out publicly,
   including the white paper

   Matthias: propose we keep the design because we have no
   alternative at this tme

   Joerg: We need to clarify that it is not a logo, but a
   descriptive graphic

   Kaz: we need to have another discussion internally; the safe
   approach is to mot include it

   Yingying: it is considered to be an icon rather than a logo, we
   need further discussion if we want it to be a logo

   Kaz: conclusion is that we will not include the WoT icon in the
   flyer

   Joerg: can we include the icon in the roll-up?

   Kaz will discuss with the Marcomm team today, resolve the
   question of the graphic icon on the roll-up

   Dave: what are the marcomm policies regarding graphics used in
   outreach material?

   McCool: what is the process to adopt a logo?

status on tables

   <kaz> Nimura-san and Naka-san make their reports.

   <kaz> naka: will use a Panasonic air conditioner and a Toshiba
   air conditioner

Roll-up posters

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to wondering about roll-up for full
   demo

   Matthias: there should be a schematic representation of the
   full scenario, is there a lead for the full scenario table?
   ... this is important, we need some direct outreach

WoT Flyers

   Yingying: the problem is transportation of the printed flyers
   to Lisbon, the pdf has been sent last Friday and should be
   available

   The flyers will be printed in Lisbon

   No one can find the email with the pdf for the flyer

   <McCool> No actual Kinkos, but some print shops in Lisbon:
   [27]https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Fedex+Kinkos&find_loc
   =Lisboa

     [27] https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Fedex+Kinkos&find_loc=Lisboa

   Matthias: YIngying please resend the pdf directly to Matthias
   or upload to dropsite

   <inserted> kaz: or install the PDF on the W3C server and let
   everybody know about the URL

   Meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with the meeting planner team and
   Jeff about the WoT speech (maybe on Wed) [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/09/14 14:06:58 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 14 September 2016 14:21:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 14 September 2016 14:21:37 UTC