W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2016

[wot] minutes - 7 September 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 23:05:52 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WFzdhf97WrvB+oPhodKX8_iTMEAnax-n9pZsba07o=LQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/09/07-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking notes, Yongjing!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

07 Sep 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/07-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Johannes, Michael_Koster, Darko, Masato, Uday,
          Victor, Yongjing, Aparna, Takuki, Zhang,
          Daniel_Peintner, Yingying, Yingying_Chen, Katsuyoshi,
          Michael_McCool

   Regrets
          Matthias

   Chair
          Darko

   Scribe
          Yongjing, Kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Hydra and Thing Description
         2. [6]Submission of WG Charter draft to W3M
         3. [7]Co-chair discussion
         4. [8]Joint Call with oneM2M
         5. [9]TPAC Preparation
         6. [10]Demo setup
         7. [11]Roll-up posters
         8. [12]Table status reports
         9. [13]Presentation of Joint White Paper
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   Darko: Matthias is not available today and asked me to chair
   the call today

Hydra and Thing Description

   Darko: is Bergi on the call?

   (Bergi is not on the call)

   <victor> [16]https://github.com/bergos/wot-examples/

     [16] https://github.com/bergos/wot-examples/

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   victor: Hydra examples above
   ... also goes through the Current Practices document

   ->
   [17]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.ht
   ml#td-examples Current Practices document

     [17]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#td-examples

   victor: Bergi defines events

   <Yongjing> who's speaking now? i see Darko?

   victor: GET, PUT, DELETE operations

   <Yongjing> Why the WebEx shows Darko_Anicic?

   victor: temperature sensor

   <Yongjing> see, that's my problem...

   victor: Hydra middleware recognizes any Hydra-based APIs

   darko: not clear
   ... how to interact with events?

   victor: he defines 3 other examples

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   darko: take temperature as example to explain?

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   victor: (goes through the Hydra:supportedProperty examples)
   ... classes and Hydra properties

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   Daniel: missing aspects of protocols

   victor: Hydra can map to abstract operations, e.g. GET, PUT

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   victor: mapping on protocols is quite obvious

   <Yongjing> Daniel: need certain middleware?

   michael: Hydra exposes underlying REST-based mechanism
   ... Thing Description is a template

   victor: serializable as RDF

   michael: RDF is just one possible notation

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   victor: to get the temperature in Hydra, need to address
   resource, with serialized media type

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   victor: the Hydra client doesn't have to understand the media
   type

   michael: we could have Hydra Thing Description like our Thing
   Description
   ... I should join the discussion

   victor: lacking modeling type system
   ... link or actual resource

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   victor: resource should only have properties as literal or
   links to the resources

   Michael: will take closer look into Hydra and have further
   discussion

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   darko: if we have one description for temperature in one file
   ... and another file
   ... this would be definitely a hyperlink approach

   victor: you can define classes
   ... and all the temperature sensors will refer to the class
   definition
   ... currently discussion on lifecycle
   ... interesting approach regarding this
   ... TD template
   ... if you recognize of URI of the class definition

   michael: not only Thing Description for Hydra but some ontology
   for Hydra could be defined

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   michael: we can still use external ontologies

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   michael: interesting question on modeling ontology for Hydra

   victor: everything should be Hydra class
   ... if you want further semantic definition, you can include
   Hydra class definition

   michael: it has elegance to define everything within Hydra
   framework

   victor: even for abstract concept
   ... to me it's not flexible enough from semantic viewpoint

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   victor: it means every concept would be de-referencable,
   including abstraction concepts, that's not flexible

   <kaz> [18]Victor's pull request

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/229

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   victor: my pull request above
   ... just a proposal

   johannes: would suggest to merge this in unless any objections

   darko: breakout session during the next f2f?
   ... you can raise a proposal

   victor: is Matthias available by the end of this week?

   johannes: would ask the group about if it's OK to merge this
   proposal

   (no objection)

   yongjing: question about gh-pages branch

   RESOLUTION: #299 can be merged, status remains as proposal to
   be discussed on TPAC

   johannes: automatically available as a rendered HTML at some
   URL

Submission of WG Charter draft to W3M

   kaz: the draft charter itself is ok
   ... had discussions with candidate co-Chairs
   ... talking with W3M about the next step
   ... Jeff's suggestion is approving the WG charter today,
   finalizing the co-Chair list by the end of Friday, and sending
   out the AC review request on Monday

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   Johannes: anything preventing us submit the WG charter?
   ... today?

   Kaz: figure out the co-chair arrangement by Fri
   ... final solution shall be ready by Monday

Co-chair discussion

   Kaz: will be another call on Friday about co-chair arrangement

Joint Call with oneM2M

   Johannes: update info of the last joint call with oneM2M

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   yongjing: was there as the oneM2M rep
   ... good discussion
   ... expecting another joint call maybe after TPAC
   ... also there will be the oneM2M meeting in Oct.
   ... working on liaison between oneM2M and W3C

   kaz: please send a liaison letter to team-liaisons

   yongjing: will happen after the Oct meeting

   uday: can help you
   ... another question on the joint meeting with IRTF T2T

   johannes: research group from IRTF
   ... they're doing something quite similar to our work
   ... have been holding several joint meetings
   ... 2 days usually
   ... no registration fee
   ... announcement will be made on the mailinglist
   ... (shows Ari's message)

   ->
   [19]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/
   0040.html Ari's message

     [19]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/0040.html

   <victor> send an email to t2trg-chairs@ietf.org if you attend

TPAC Preparation

   <DarkoAnicic>
   [20]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda

     [20]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda

   ->
   [21]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda TPAC agenda wiki

     [21]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda

   johannes: outreach and ad-hoc meetings

   ->
   [22]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings joint meetings

     [22]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

   johannes: the slot for automotive?

   kaz: still open, and to be discussed

   victor: question on "breakout"?

   darko: "breakout" means that the topic could be done as a
   breakout session

   kaz: maybe we can start to define the initial time specific
   agenda based on those joint meetings

   johannes: +1

   <DarkoAnicic> Joint meeting with SDWG at TPAC:
   [23]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:F2F4 Tuesday
   4pm

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:F2F4

Demo setup

   <inserted> scribenick: Yongjing

   Kaz: no cable connection , maybe we could use a converter
   between wifi and cable connection
   ... cost will be evaluated

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   johannes: need to see if it's possible to bring that kind of
   converter

   kaz: theoretically we can do that using a Linux PC

   <inserted> scribenick: DarkoAnicic

   Johannes: we should be prepared to work with no wire connection
   at the Demo/PlugFest

Roll-up posters

   <dape>
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon
   /TPAC-2016-Poster-Template.svg

     [24]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon/TPAC-2016-Poster-Template.svg

   <dape> see also
   [25]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo

     [25]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo

   <DarkoAnicic>
   [26]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TPAC-2016-roll-up.jpg

     [26] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TPAC-2016-roll-up.jpg

   dape: each demo leader is responsible to generate the poster

   kaz: question on the "WoT" logo
   ... Yingying, have you talked with the Marcomm Team about the
   usage of the green "WoT" logo?

   yingying: will hold a dedicated call for that

   johannes: wondering if it would be problematic to have the logo

   yingying: MarComm team requested us to remove the WoT logo from
   W3C WoT Flyers.
   ... but need to check for this poster

   johannes: when can we get the final statement?

   yingying: will check after this call

   johannes: maybe by Friday, can we get the conclusion?

   yingying: will try

Table status reports

   johannes: could show what the API, servient, etc., are like
   ... Michael, can we work together?
   ... let's have another call with you later

   can we set a deadline for the table status report?

   uday: maybe you can talk with Matthias?

   darko: offline discussion would be fine

   dape: possibly could try a printing company in Lisbon

Presentation of Joint White Paper

   <DarkoAnicic> [27]http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.25758.13122

     [27] http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.25758.13122

   dape: or if we want to print it beforehand, we should finish it

   <DarkoAnicic> Dave is not present today

   kaz: need to check with Dave
   ... got inquiries from some of the JP Members too

   yongjing: I myself am also included in this effort, and am
   wondering if W3C is happy to consider this whitepaper as the
   one from W3C as a whole?
   ... rather than the one from those 4 individuals
   ... it's related to the usage of the W3C logo and the WoT logo
   too

   darko: Kaz will check with Dave and other W3C Team
   ... any other questions?

   (none)

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [28]#299 can be merged, status remains as proposal to be
       discussed on TPAC

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/09/07 14:03:19 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 7 September 2016 14:07:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 September 2016 14:07:12 UTC