AW: [TD] TD Restructuring minutes - 9 November 2016

Please also find attached the presented slides.

Von: Kazuyuki Ashimura [mailto:ashimura@w3.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. November 2016 10:34
An: Public Web of Things IG
Betreff: [TD] TD Restructuring minutes - 9 November 2016

available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-wot-td-minutes.html

also as text below.
Based on today's discussion, I'll allocate one-hour earlier slot
for the TD Restructuring call from next week and let you know.

Thanks,
Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                       WoT IG - TD Restructuring

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Nov/0007.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-wot-td-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Alex_Owen,
          Yingying_Chen, Takkuki_Kamiya, Victor_Charpenay,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka

   Regrets
   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Open Issues
         2. [6]Volunteers needed to update the Current Practices
            document
         3. [7]Next steps
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

   sebastian: the main goal for today is discussing the open
   issues on GitHub
   ... close or keep it open
   ... also some logistics discussion
   ... how to continue this call

Open Issues

   sebastian: would like to go through the open issues

   [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/247

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/247

   sebastian: there are 40 comments there
   ... need to find clear definition of property and action
   ... we could keep this open
   ... please provide your comments

   [11]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/256

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/256

   sebastian: raised by Dave
   ... would let this also open and see the discussion more

   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/257

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/257

   sebastian: need some more use cases
   ... still need more discussion
   ... please comment on this as well
   ... keep this open

   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/264

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/264

   sebastian: not much discussion about this so far
   ... had small chat on parameters at some conference
   ... all the inputted data would become parameters in the end
   based on REST interface

   [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/263

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/263

   sebastian: description flag, etc.
   ... kind of icon term
   ... we can make a link to a JPEG file, for example
   ... to invoke Web UI
   ... there is some resource by IANA
   ... not concrete conclusion yet
   ... core TD or another context to handle meta information?
   ... to be considered for the next Current Practice document
   ... are there any comments?

   kaz: comment on: [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/264

   ... there could be two possibilities
   ... 1. convert from REST parameter to TD parameter
   ... 2. simply copy the inputted REST parameter as literal or
   comment
   ... for the case #2, TD processor doesn't have to understand
   the parameter but simply transfer that to the Protocol Binding
   and the device

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/264

   sebastian: (shows the example at [16]Section 3.2.1 of the
   Current Practices document
   ... also shows issue 255's example

     [16] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#quick-start-td-samples

   {
   "@context":
   "[17]http://w3c.github.io/wot/w3c-wot-td-context.jsonld",
   "name" : "MyLED",
   "interactions":
   {
   "@type": ["Property","Event"],
   "name": "status",
   "outputData": {"valueType": { "type": "string" },
   "endpoints" : [ {
   "url" : "coap://192.163.0.2/status<http://192.163.0.2/status>",
   "encoding" : "application/exi"
   }]}}]
   }

     [17] http://w3c.github.io/wot/w3c-wot-td-context.jsonld

   sebastian: we could have a container for metadata
   ... using the "endpoints" notation

   kaz: right
   ... and another question is that sometimes we don't have to or
   don't want to convert all the REST parameters into TD
   parameters
   ... and might want to have "misc" or "not-to-translate" or
   something for those parameters
   ... and simply transfer them to the Protocol Binding and the
   device

   sebastian: need more discussion about that
   ... next outstanding updates for the Current Practices document

   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/262

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/262

   (we need to apply closed issues: 251, 253, 258 and 255 to the
   Current Practices document)

   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/251

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/251

   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/253

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/253

   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/258

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/258

   [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/255

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/255

Volunteers needed to update the Current Practices document

   sebastian: volunteers needed to update the WoT Current
   Practices document
   ... as an editor and/or a reviewer
   ... would like to ask people for help including those who
   raised issues :)
   ... will write a message directly to them

Next steps

   sebastian: should we keep this time slot for the TD discussion?
   ... weekly, bi-weekly or on-demand?

   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/259

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/259

   sebastian: this is still open
   ... and takes a lot of time
   ... what do you think about the WebEx calls?

   taki: short calls like 0.5 hour would be helpful

   sebastian: should we use this slot?
   ... what do you think?

   yingying: short call would be ok

   kaz: I think 30 mins would be too short
   ... maybe 1 hour?

   sebastian: we can use 1-hour slot, and if there are not many
   topics we can end the call earlier
   ... also given it's very late in US pacific, would suggest we
   make the time one hour earlier

   kaz: I'll allocate a WebEx for that purpose and send the
   coordinate to you all

   sebastian: is that OK by you, Naka-san?

   naka: yes

   sebastian: ok
   ... let's meet next week then

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/11/09 09:28:31 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/