Re: IG charter - alpha 4

[jumping in after having read Jonathan's latest mails on this - I think
there's been some confusion]

On 5/25/2016 10:30 AM, Dave Raggett wrote:
> Just to note that while WGs are required to produce test suites and to
> publish implementation reports for transitioning from Candidate
> Recommendation to Proposed Recommendation, WGs do not normally work on
> interoperability testing.

They do - the "rule of thumb" is that the implementation report has to
show "two interoperable implementations of each feature" in a spec -
that's "interoperability testing" (at least to some extent)

What WGs really don't work on is *conformance* testing - because that
requires a much more extensive test suite

> The idea of the test suites is more oriented towards demonstrating
> that the specifications are implementable, and thus the test suites
> are required to cover all of the testable features in a spec.

That's all correct and part of the demonstration of 'interoperable
implementations" for each feature