Re: Comparative study of IoT architectures?

Hi,

> On a separate topic, how does the web browser discover the CHIRIMEN device?

CHIRIMEN is also Web browser, we assume mechanism of the information exchange between the Web application for the time being. We recognize that Discovery-related discussions and specifications about Web Browsers has been performed in various places. And by checking in at the web server as a hub, there is also much general  application services which exchanges information among browsers such as qwebirc Web-IRC gateway, facebooke messenger and slack etc.

Accroding to *1.
*1: http://www.w3.org/Mobile/mobile-web-app-state/

>>The Network Service Discovery API*2 offers to discover services on the local network (such as the ones offered via DLNA), enabling mobile Web applications to integrate seamlessly with these services.
>>An alternative proposal to the Network Service Discovery API has emerged: Named Web Sockets*3 offers to provide well-known sockets to existing and approved local network services.
*2: http://www.w3.org/TR/discovery-api/
*3: https://github.com/namedwebsockets/namedwebsockets

Second Screen Presentation Working Group*4 also mentions Network Service Discovery
*4: http://www.w3.org/2014/secondscreen/charter.html

And other discovery related information at W3C.*5-*8
*5: http://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/dhm-multidevice-w3ctrack/
*6: https://w3c.github.io/netinfo/
*7: https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Main_Page
*8: http://www.w3.org/2015/10/28-local-minutes.html

We CHIRIMEN Open Hardware Project is pursuing the integrated world which ordinary web browsers having applications execution environment by Javascript behaves also as servants or one of web platform for WoT. More nearly rather than the Javascript processor which does not contain a web browser. It will be because various investigations and specifications for web Apps on web browsers may be useful, and it is easy to use the web browser itself to enjoy its benefit thoroughly.

Regards,

Satoru