Re: minutes and actions from call on WoT & iotivity/OCF

Hello,

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org> wrote:

> Good point.  Using a JavaScript code base might provide good affinity to
> the scripting API crowds.  How stable, how aligned with OCF
> developments, how active would you describe this work?
>
> Grüße, Carsten

It is actively developed and maintained to closely track iotivity (it is
also part of iotivity):
https://gerrit.iotivity.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/iotivity-node
(which is a mirror to [1]).

An example of using it is found here [2]:
https://github.com/01org/SmartHome-Demo

The OIC (OCF) API [3] is experimental and I have made it based directly on
the OCF specifications rather than based on the iotivity C API. However,
the iotivity C API is also exposed one to one as a low level JS API in
iotivity-node (i.e. it provides a low level and a high level API).

Feedback about the JS API spec should come to me. The spec will soon move
to [4], then we can track issues there.

[1] https://github.com/otcshare/iotivity-node
[2] https://github.com/01org/SmartHome-Demo
[3] https://github.com/zolkis/soletta/blob/master/doc/js-spec/oic.md