Re: alpha 3 version of IG charter for review

Hi Matthias

Thank you for your email and explaining the reasoning and what should be in
the charter. I really appreciate you have provided more information on this.

I didn't think it was a misunderstanding - you argued against the
decentralized, peer-to-peer blockchain item and I was arguing for it. I
understood you said we don't have resources to work on decentralized IoT.
On the other hand, I argued that open source developers will contribute if
we let them to do so. Just like I have been contributing to the
web-of-things framework project, I think developers will join us to work on
the decentralized IoT. Therefore, I thought your argument that we don't
have resources for decentralized, peer-to-peer IoT was not valid. I might
overstepped my voluntary role to challenge your authority and sorry about
that. If you have the authority to say what will be in the charter then I
am totally OK with that, and of course I will be accepting whatever is your
decision.

However, if this is a collaborative decision making and we can argue what
should be in the charter, then I would still argue for a sentence about
decentralized, peer-to-peer approach. Please note, all I have suggested in
my previous email and during the meeting to have one sentence in the
introduction about decentralized, peer-to-peer approach and indicate that
 the IG will work on that. I didn't suggest to include it as a deliverable,
but mentioning that we will be making effort in that area. Also, I totally
subscribe to the view of Dave's that the charter should outline items that
attract businesses including SMEs and developers to WoT. I think one of
this can be the decentralized, peer-to-peer approach which could bring
interest to WoT and showcase the deliverables in a different ecosystem than
the conventional client-server architecture. Wouldn't be more convincing
and reassuring for potential adopters if the WoT security and WoT device
description would work both on client-server and decentralized
architectures, and we could demonstrate that? Also, in this context, I see
the inclusion of decentralized, peer-to-peer approach as an architectural
item instead of a solution. I fully understand that you do not want to see
the IG chartered to work on blockchains. On the other hand, I would like to
see it in the charter that the IG will work on it and I hope the decision
makers will take this into consideration.

Regards,
Tibor